Boyar-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder
Just got this today. Cost me $10. Actually it was free but I told him I'd renew his domain for him at no cost.

Surprisingly I was able to find the manual online last nite. It leaves alot to be desired.

It's a Boyar-Shultz No. 612 and I have no idea how old it is. It's complete except it needs a wheel and someone cut the cord off. It's manual, so I'll have to crank until I come up with a power feed for it. It was optional on this and is hydraulic. There's also no coolant setup, so I'll hafta come up with something there too.

It also needs a wheel (7 x 1/2 x 1-1/4). Any suggestions that won't break the bank on a wheel?

I'm planning on running it on a static phase converter rather than going with a VFD. I'm using a static converter on my bench grinder and it's working ok and the manufacturer has them on sale on ebay right now for $46 with free shipping.

Can someone look at the motor plate pic and tell me if it's Delta or Wye?

Pics are before I degreased it.

[Image: grinder3.jpg]

[Image: grinder1.jpg]

[Image: grinder2.jpg]
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Let me be the first to say  You Suck    You Suck    You Suck    You Suck    You Suck    You Suck

Wheels for that are plentiful and not expensive at all.

Ed (that used to be Edward)
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2015, 04:51 PM)EdK Wrote: Let me be the first to say  You Suck    You Suck    You Suck    You Suck    You Suck    You Suck

I'll second that! You Suck You Suck You Suck You Suck You Suck You Suck
Willie
Thanks given by:
You Suck

Did you get the chuck as well? It may be there in the pictures but I'm on my phone right now.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Nice Thumbsup 
and btw You Suck  Big Grin 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll have to go along with the rest,  you suck  You Suck
You must really suck, this is the first time I've used an icon.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the "You Suck"'s guys!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
You paid $10 for the grinder and are worried about the cost of a wheel? You Suck You Suck You Suck Big Grin
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Ten bucks for the grinder, hafta shell out for a phase converter, wheels, power cord- you'll be pushing eighty bucks by the time you get that thing running.  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
I won't say its a better deal, but I met a guy that lives a couple miles from me that has a surface grinder that I was told I can use when I need one.

Vinny Nice Score that diffenately deserves a big You Suck
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: