its all blown up
HI all while on making parts for engine No 13 the forerd and revers swich went puff with a big blue flash so i need a new swich i have tride to wier the lathe up to run on just a on and off swich but with no joy so can any one help with a wiering diagram for the fowerd and revers swich and can any one give me a wiering diagram on jut to wier it up on a on off swich ther is 1 blue wier gowing to the capasitor from the moter ther is a brawn from the moter and two blacks from the moter one has a red marcer on it on the opeset side of the capasitor ther is a black with a brawn marker on it and cabeltide to that ther is a nuther black with a brawn marker on it to i no i shood of tacen lots of pics befor i dismanteld it but i did not Sadno any hellp wood be gratfuley resived
the lathe is a emco compact 8
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear that.

See if this is helpful http://chainganger.co.uk/Page1/PDF/Reverser.pdf
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

PS I remember Puff the magic dragon, ...... Puff with the big blue flash, must have been his bro' Cool
Thanks given by:
Bob,

Post some pictures of what you have there and it will make it easier to give you some help.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Hi all just a up date lathe is still ded i have tacen sum pics i will post them tonight
Thanks given by:
HI all well its up and runing well sort of it needs a new capasitor im still gowing to get the motor cheked out her is a pic of the wiering brawn is live so live to the cap and motor the black with the red tag on it to the blue nutrel and with a spin of the pulley its up and runing will not run bacwerds right pics

[Image: attachment.php?aid=824]
Thanks given by:
Bob,

So will you have to get another switch?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
yep dave but i put a swich on the frunt of the lathe stand as i did not like reching over the top of the lathe to swich it off so i will keep this swich i have priset up a new barel swich and its only £11 i will fit one ones all is back up and runing propely
Thanks given by:
(04-17-2012, 05:15 PM)krv3000 Wrote: HI all well its up and runing well sort of it needs a new capasitor im still gowing to get the motor cheked out her is a pic of the wiering brawn is live so live to the cap and motor the black with the red tag on it to the blue nutrel and with a spin of the pulley its up and runing will not run bacwerds right pics

Hi Bob,
if you have a multimeter, it should be easy enough to wire for reverse as well (once you have a new switch!).

Assuming you have a one-capacitor motor (if it had 2 to start with, things may be different...)

Measure between the black wires, if there's a few Ohms they're the start winding, and you should see a few ohms between the other 2 (the run winding). If you see a few ohms between the pairs (so one lead to both black, other lead to blue and brown) stop now! and put up a pic of the motor terminals and any diagrams on the terminal box / motor plate!

wire your new switch so the black wires and cap'r swap over (so one each to live and neutral, then swap for reverse ) and the live and neutral go to brown and blue in both positions, should give you a reversing motor :)

If it had 2 cap's to start with, post some more pics and we can probably help - it sounds like it should have another cap if it won't start on its own?

Dave H. (the other one)
Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men...
(Douglas Bader)
Thanks given by:
hi ther is no diagram on the motor plate

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
hi bin in tuch with emco and the totel cost of replasing the parts is £398.40JawdropJawdropJawdrop
Thanks given by: