And he should no better lol
Video 
Here you go lads , this is why screw on chuck adapters on a rotary table are a bad idea . 

http://youtu.be/IOdBPz50gFg?t=15m24s

Rob 
Thanks given by:
Good one! Rotfl

Ed
Thanks given by:
A big oops
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I could see that coming. There's nothing like a self feeding end mill to ruin your day.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2014, 12:13 PM)TomG Wrote: There's nothing like a self feeding end mill to ruin your day.

Tom

Yup. I forgot to tighten up a collet once.....  Slaphead
Willie
Thanks given by:
LOL

ROFL

Rotfl
Thanks given by:
He made my reaction time look fast.  Perhaps I do have ninja-like reflexes after all Big Grin

I can't really comment though, as I haven't got my mill up and running yet but after a few days spent in central MA in a couple of weeks, I will be so much closer.  I'm sure I will make similar mistakes but I don't think I will post them on YouTube!

I'm already sporting a bruised finger after slipping whilst polishing a part and introducing my finger to one of the chuck jaws.  Amazing - one slip, minute cut, lots of blood and some colourful language.  Not to mention my mate rolling around laughing!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
That video is a 6 hour download for me, so I'm guessing that the chuck came un-screwed? I've often wondered why dividing heads have threaded noses, for the same reason..
Thanks given by:
Not exactly. Adam was making a lock ring for his horizontal mill, and he had it screwed onto a stub arbor that was held in his indexing / rotary head. This is a shot of the set-up before the "ooops" moment.  Big Grin 

The lock ring unscrewed and came off - not the chuck.

Willie
Thanks given by:
Wrong side of the arbor, two flute endmill - disaster.

Leverage is in play on larger diameters. I managed to knock a rotab loose from the table using a 3/4" two fluter acting like a little impact hammer on a 10 inch ring.

Um.. no video of that one. Smile
Thanks given by: