Auto Hoist
Has anyone had anything to do with one of these offshore residential quality hoists.

http://www.directlift.ca/hr8000.htm

Sure can't beat the price. Just over a dollar a pound, couldn't buy the steel new to make it, let alone the hydraulics.
My Ranger pickup and Jeep shouldn't be much of a load for it.
Would it ever be nice oiling the chassis this fall without wearing half the oil when the Jeeps up on jack stands and I'm crawling around on the floor.
Can see using it to hold projects up at eye level when welding.
Would need to shorten the columns 2 inches to allow the overhead crane to go over it.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I have one of their ProCycle motorcycle lifts and one of the BlackJack jacks for use on the motorcycle lift, it is a quality motorcycle lift, I also have a friend that has one of these in his garage, it is also a nice piece, he trusts it enough to park his corvette under his 57 chev 2drht in his garage.

That is a good price, when I bought my bike lift and the blackjack I got a good price from a dealer in the lower mainland I believe $600.00 for both. tom
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
I noticed there was no "car not included" disclaimer on the page or photo, so that is a good deal right away!!!

Here, second hand units are starting at about $2K for a two post lift.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Tom Thanks good to hear some direct feedback on their products.
Your right Mayhem wonder if they supply the car in the colour of your choosing? Same here, used hoists that didn't come over on the Mayflower are in the 2K plus range.
These use nylon slides instead of rollers but for the bit I'd use it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I bought a used Hoffman back in Ontario, it was $1500 because it would have cost way more than that to have it certified for comercial use. Andrew has it now.
It wasn't hydraulic, it had screws up each column and the motor driven screw drove the slave screw via a chain across the bottm. I miss it but don't have the ceiling height here for a lift.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I don't really have the head room either, only 10 foot ceilings, the jeep is about 5 1/2 foot tall, but sits close to a foot off the ground. So I should end up with 5 or so under it. Beter than now where Im crawling on my belly like a reptile. These ones aren't certified (for commercial use) but lots of people tell my Im certifiable, does that count.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(10-14-2012, 10:12 AM)f350ca Wrote: but lots of people tell my Im certifiable, does that count.
Yup! gottcha.Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
In all seriousness: You are going to be standing under the sucker. How comfortable are you with the budget model?

Would you want to go to the moon in a rocket where every part was supplied by the lowest bidder?
Thanks given by:
(10-14-2012, 11:50 AM)Wawoodman Wrote: Would you want to go to the moon in a rocket where every part was supplied by the lowest bidder?
Well that's what they did Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I know what your saying but the jeep and the Ranger weigh maybe 3-4000 pounds and its rated for 8. (for what their rating is worth). And in all seriousness when you replace a brake cylinder or calliper in you vehicle, your relying on it stopping you and your family, guess where the last ones I bought came from. Might be beter buying original equipment (might).
I'd like to have a North American made one but I'd also like to have a new Hardinge lathe too but neither are in the cards.
Anyway I may be getting old but I bet I can still jump out from under the truck if it starts to fall.
Greg
Thanks given by: