Shop Master Patriot CNC
Does anyone on here have first hand experience with the Shop Master Patriot CNC machine?
Thanks given by:
(06-21-2012, 06:03 PM)November X-ray Wrote: Does anyone on here have first hand experience with the Shop Master Patriot CNC machine?

The use to be called ShopTask and I have one that is the old manual style Bridgemill.

You can find out a lot about them ... both pro and con ... here - the link now works. Like anything else those that got it to work think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Those who did not think it is the machine from hell.

My personal experience with the company ... again I have a much older non-CNC machine ... was that if you were on John's good side then you got a lot of support and help and if you were not then not so much. Note that I am saying this from the perspective of having had reasonable relations from him so it is not a comment made out of spite.

My long term concern is that it is a small company and all of the things that can happen for service, support, resale, etc. with what is essentially a one-off custom built and designed machine if they are no longer around.
Thanks given by:
(06-21-2012, 07:01 PM)arvidj Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 06:03 PM)November X-ray Wrote: Does anyone on here have first hand experience with the Shop Master Patriot CNC machine?

The use to be called ShopTask and I have one that is the old manual style Bridgemill.

You can find out a lot about them ... both pro and con ... here. Like anything else those that got it to work think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Those who did not think it is the machine from hell.

My personal experience with the company ... again I have a much older non-CNC machine ... was that if you were on John's good side then you got a lot of support and help and if you were not then not so much. Note that I am saying this from the perspective of having had reasonable relations from him so it is not a comment made out of spite.

My long term concern is that it is a small company and all of the things that can happen for service, support, resale, etc. with what is essentially a one-off custom built and designed machine if they are no longer around.

The "here" link does not work?
Thanks given by:
(06-22-2012, 05:03 AM)November X-ray Wrote: The "here" link does not work?

Here it is without the "glitch": HERE!

-Ron Big Grin
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
Fixed it in the original post. Obviously a paste error where they system tries to help you out by putting the scheme name in the dialog box yet you have the entire URI in the clipboard.
Thanks given by: