Strange Brackets
These brackets suddenly appeared on the column of my mill. I wonder what the hell they're for?  17428

Ed

Thanks given by:
(01-02-2023, 12:07 PM)EdK Wrote: These brackets suddenly appeared on the column of my mill. I wonder what the hell they're for?  17428

Ed

Pneumatic lift cylinder? Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2023, 12:22 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 12:07 PM)EdK Wrote: These brackets suddenly appeared on the column of my mill. I wonder what the hell they're for?  17428

Ed

Pneumatic lift cylinder?  Chin

Good guess but I don't think so. Two more brackets appeared on the back side of the mill table.  17428

Ed
Thanks given by:
Let us know if any digital displays suddenly appear. Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2023, 12:31 PM)Highpower Wrote: Let us know if any digital displays suddenly appear.  Rotfl

Will do. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Anybody have any experience with the cheap DROs on ebay? I was going to spring for the Precision Matthews DRO but just can't bring myself to spend $900 for it.
I'm looking at the DROs with magnetic scales vs the optical scales. Much easier to cut the magnetic scales to length.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed,

I used EBay DRO's on both my lathe and mill I had in KY and both performed quite well. Since I sold both of them prior to moving I no longer have any info on the brands I used.

Stan
Thanks given by: EdK
I've decided to go with this DRO and scales. The seller has 100% positive feedback but a low sell history. I feel it's worth the risk considering I'd be saving $418 by not getting the Precision Mattews DRO.

Ed

Thanks given by:
(01-07-2023, 11:38 AM)EdK Wrote: I've decided to go with this DRO and scales. The seller has 100% positive feedback but a low sell history. I feel it's worth the risk considering I'd be saving $418 by not getting the Precision Mattews DRO.

Ed

I think the sell history looks good considering what he is selling. Less than say 25 I would stay away from. He's 300 + and all his reviews look great. If I look at the ones with 100,000 + sell history they are the ones who have 30-50% negative reviews. No thanks. I think you'll do just fine with your choices.

Nice that the display does RPM as well. You Suck
Willie
Thanks given by: EdK
(01-07-2023, 02:54 PM)Highpower Wrote: Nice that the display does RPM as well.

The display I'm getting does not have RPM. I don't need it since my mill already has that. I'm going with a 3 axis display but only ordering two scales. X & Y, I don't see the usefulness of a scale for the head elevation but want to be able to add it later if I find out there's a use for it. There's only a $6 difference between the 2 axis and the 3 axis display. My quill already has a DRO.

Ed
Thanks given by: