Help with the speed control
Hi guys I have a mini milling machine I think it’s called Sieg
My speed control just stop working does anybody know where can I get it fixed in the San Francisco area I appreciate any suggestions I hate to buy a new one which they don’t make anymore and this is the motor I am using I have no idea what it is even thanks Eli

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hi Eli, welcome to the forum.  Smiley-signs046

One quick question. Does the control not work at all - or is it just a specific function that is giving you problems? Emergency stop is disengaged - yes? I'm just wondering if it could be something simple like a blown fuse.  Chin

A quick Google search turned up this site from someone who claims to do repairs by way of mail order. I have never used this service myself so I have no experience with them. So take it with a grain of salt and do your own research. Personally I think finding someone in the San Fransisco area specifically that does this kind of work would be quite challenging. Being able to provide a specific model number for your mill and/or controller board numbers would go a long way in helping you get the correct help needed.

I wish I could be of more help, but maybe someone else here will have better info for you. Best of luck in your quest!

(Edited to include link...) Slaphead
Willie
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Eli.

Can you take the cover off of the box and take a picture of the circuit board and post it to the forum?

Ed
Thanks given by:
olduhfguy (the link Willie posted) is on the 7x14 mini-lathe list.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
On my (now sold) micro mill, when the speed control stopped working, it was the potentiometer that went bad.

I bought a replacement from Little Machine Shop.com, and it worked fine after that.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
Vinny, what is this "list" that you speak of? 17428
Willie
Thanks given by:
(09-20-2022, 10:23 AM)Thank you very much the control works bathroom some reason I’m not there I cannot control the speed I changed the knob and it does not do anything and there is no fuse anywhere to replace thank you Eli Wrote: Hi Eli, welcome to the forum.  Smiley-signs046

One quick question. Does the control not work at all - or is it just a specific function that is giving you problems? Emergency stop is disengaged - yes? I'm just wondering if it could be something simple like a blown fuse.  Chin

A quick Google search turned up this site from someone who claims to do repairs by way of mail order. I have never used this service myself so I have no experience with them. So take it with a grain of salt and do your own research. Personally I think finding someone in the San Fransisco area specifically that does this kind of work would be quite challenging. Being able to provide a specific model number for your mill and/or controller board numbers would go a long way in helping you get the correct help needed.

I wish I could be of more help, but maybe someone else here will have better info for you. Best of luck in your quest!

(Edited to include link...)  Slaphead

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(09-21-2022, 12:47 PM)Elidari Wrote: .... the control works bathroom some reason I’m not there ....

Willie
Thanks given by:
(09-21-2022, 02:19 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 12:47 PM)Elidari Wrote: .... the control works bathroom some reason I’m not there ....

That confused me also. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-21-2022, 11:41 AM)Highpower Wrote: Vinny, what is this "list" that you speak of?   17428

https://groups.io/g/7x12MiniLathe
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: Highpower