Yankee Corp. metric reamer set.
Latest delivery. Yankee straight flute metric reamer set. 1mm to 13mm in .5mm steps.
There are thin hard plastic 'labels' glued to the front of each folding rack with the metric sizes and decimal equivalents below. Black plastic background with fuzzy looking redish/orange lettering printed on it. Hard to read. Every one of the labels is cracked in half in two places - where the metal flaps are with the holes for holding the reamers in place. The cracks run through the lettering and the shifted labels (oil soaked) make them even harder to read.

The reamers are somewhat laser engraved with the sizes on them but again unreadable. Brownish/gold lettering that is very faint. Even with an optivisor I have to hold them under a strong light and keep changing the angle in order see that there is something there. The smallest reamers are impossible to see anything on. I printed out my own labels and stuck them to the inside of lid so I can identify each by their position. And of course if you tilt the case too far forward while carrying it, half of the smaller reamers slide out of their holders and fall down into the bottom of the case - just like drill sets do.

Other than that the reamers themselves look really good. Good HSS material and very nicely ground. And McMaster sold them for only $20 over the manufacturers published list price. I thought that was bad until I saw MSC is $125 over the retail price after my "discount". Yeah, right.
Stock photo:

Willie
Thanks given by:
What brand are they?

Ed
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2022, 12:18 PM)EdK Wrote: What brand are they?

Ed

Right there in the title Ed. Yankee Corporation.

For the money I was hoping for something like Cleveland or Alvord-Polk but I got Yankee instead. I half-expected to open the box and find a set from China or India and I would have sent them right back. But the Yankee's are made in Vermont and look to be very well made (aside from the etching and storage case) so am satisfied with them. The last set of reamers (counter-bores) I got from McMaster, they sent me Alvord-Polk.
Willie
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2022, 12:43 PM)Highpower Wrote: Right there in the title Ed. Yankee Corporation.

Smiley-signs125  Bash
Thanks given by: