TIG controls - time for a change.
I bought my TIG welder 11 years ago and have never been happy with the factory foot pedal control. I've never been able to get comfortable with it because the ergonomics are just wrong to fit me. It's too tall off of the floor and at too steep of an angle. When sitting at a table it feels like my knee is up in my face, and when standing it feels like my toes are being forced back to touch my shins. I'm constantly having to fiddle with it trying to find a spot that works and then typically I usually have to shift positions to get around a part and start all over again readjusting the pedal position.

I've had enough and have to find a better way of controlling the torch to stay comfortable. I looked at all the rocker switch controls, slider controls, thumb wheels and track controls (North - South / East - West versions) and didn't like any of them. I have a hard enough time as it is keeping a torch steady and the thought of having to spin a rubber track back and forth on the torch handle at the same time I'm trying to hold a steady hand position...  ugh!

Then I ran across the "Tigbutton" amperage control and though I would give it a shot. No real finger/thumb movement needed to control the torch. They say the amperage varies according to how much pressure you put on the sensor button. Sounds a lot better to me than kicking a foot pedal around constantly. We'll see...

Miller also sells a simple on/off push button switch that straps to a TIG torch to control the contactor in the machine. No amperage control, just a momentary on/off switch. Trouble is Miller wants $213 MSRP for this micro-switch, length of cable and a plastic Amphenol connector!  Yikes
It's not what I was looking for but I ran across a seller on ebay that has these Miller switches for under $60 shipped. I bought one anyway thinking I could put it on the WP-17 air cooled torch that came with my machine. Would be great for doing tack welds. The Tigbutton will go on my WP-20 water cooled torch since it has the amperage control. Fingers crossed because I hate that foot pedal.

Willie
Thanks given by: