Small tool post quick change for your lathe.

.pdf   QCTP6087_-_.pdf (Size: 829.22 KB / Downloads: 33)
Here is the drawing for a tool post quick change I designed up and made for my lathe a long time ago. Here is the drawing.
Thanks given by:
Is that your own design?

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2020, 05:56 PM)EdK Wrote: Is that your own design?

Ed

Yes I did this back in 2008 and I shared it once before not sure of the date a long time ago.

ps
LOL I looked at my files I actually did that long before 2008 The original was done in pencil then around 2008 I did it in cad as a practice project. Man how time fly's.
Thanks given by: EdK
Looks like a very good design. I'm just not needing a new tool post.
Thanks given by: Doc55
Looks good. Did you build one?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I've built a few over the years some went to friends I have one on my lathe. The way they load tools give them great repeatedly and usually repeat well within .0005 so working with more than 1 tool is no problem. They are well worth building for your lathe.
Thanks given by:
What CAD program did you use to draw it?

Ed
Thanks given by:
It was done while I was employed I used Unigraphics  which is now  NX.While employed I also used Solidworks and also used Catia
Thanks given by:
Could you post some pictures of it on your lathe? I'll be purchasing a small lathe in the near future and this looks like it may be a good fit for it.

Thanks,
Ed
Thanks given by:
I'll try and get some photos tomorrow and post. It is shown in a lot of my videos channel is doc0455
Thanks given by: EdK