Xometry.com
Good supplier for aluminum - flats, sheets, rounds, rings.
Good prices and FREE SHIPPING on US.

Also has large selection of tooling, and mills carbide etc. No Chinese here.

https://www.xometry.com/supplies/
Thanks given by: arvidj , Highpower
Just added to my list of suppliers. Thanks!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I thought I would give them a try and ordered one of their 25lb. boxes of mixed remnants (drops). I wanted to get some more aluminum flat plate to make some small-ish tooling plates. I didn't think about it until after I had already ordered it, and it hit me - I hope they don't send me a box full of round stock!   Sweat

FedEx dropped it off today (2 day delivery) and lady luck had smiled down on me.   Thumbsup

Contents: Your mileage may vary!   Big Grin
6061 aluminum plate.

1/2" X 5" X 13-3/8"
1/2" X 6" X 7-1/8"
5/8" X 6" X 7"
3/4" X 5-3/4" X 9-1/4"
1-1/2" X 4" X 7-3/4"
1-1/2" X 5" X 6"

6061 aluminum round.

2-1/2" X 8"
4" X 3/8"
4-1/4" X 5/16"
6" X 3/8"

Package weight 28.4 Lbs.
Stock has a few scratches and dings (not bad) but on the dirty side. (grit, oil, dirt)
The pieces that are saw cut aren't bad, but the pieces that were cut on the water jet have rough edges and are not perpendicular. Quite a bit of draft that will need to be squared off in the mill.

Over all, for the home shop - plenty good enough and well worth it IMHO.   Smiley-gen163
Willie
Thanks given by:
The pic just looks like small pieces, but the dimensions say otherwise! Looks like a good deal!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
They are actually decent size pieces for what I want them for. They will make good "mini pallets" and are big enough to fill the throat on a 6" mill vice. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping to get in a mystery box. How that happened I don't have a clue.

For what it's worth those are 1/2" squares on the black cutting board. Clicking on the picture to bring it to full size gives a better perspective.
$55.00 (plus tax) delivered I can't complain about. I would hate to price all those out at McMaster and add them up!   Smiley-signs131

Now to figure out what to do with a salami sized piece of round bar...   Chin    Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2019, 11:44 PM)Highpower Wrote: They are actually decent size pieces for what I want them for. They will make good "mini pallets" and are big enough to fill the throat on a 6" mill vice. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping to get in a mystery box. How that happened I don't have a clue.

For what it's worth those are 1/2" squares on the black cutting board. Clicking on the picture to bring it to full size gives a better perspective.
$55.00 (plus tax) delivered I can't complain about. I would hate to price all those out at McMaster and add them up!   Smiley-signs131

Now to figure out what to do with a salami sized piece of round bar...   Chin    Rotfl

Let me know as I've got one of those rounds too  Rotfl
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2019, 02:45 PM)Paulc Wrote: Let me know as I've got one of those rounds too  Rotfl

Whatever it is, hopefully most of it won't end up in the swarf barrel again. It pains me to have to cut away most of it when a part has a large diameter on one end and a longer, smaller diameter on the other end.

6061 that got whittled down into a couple of new hubs for my carbide grinder. I paid a pretty penny for a couple of 5-3/4" slugs of aluminum (Metal Supermarkets) and 1/3 of it ended up in the trash.   Slaphead

I'm glad however that you turned us onto Xometery now Paul. That will certainly help take the $ting out of having to make similar parts (size ratio) in the future.   Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
I bought some (4) disks like that, only they were A36. I center drilled them around 1/2", then put some 1/2" bolts thru the 4x4s I have the mill sitting on. When I need to move the mill, I use a pipe to lift it and slide the disks on the bolts. Now the mill is on wheels!
Thanks given by:

How often do you need to move the mill?
Willie
Thanks given by:
Needed to move it once, only had one pipe to put under it, hence the wheels. I had to do the initial wiring. If the belt for the table ever goes, I'll need to move it again. Hopefully not again for a long time!
Thanks given by: