Job posting
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetai...Ap4FsNfCdA

If I were younger I'd be on this like stink on
Thanks given by:
Somehow I don't think a lot of folks here will be lining up for a job at an air base in Guam. But I could be wrong. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Sounds like something close to your heart Stan.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2019, 04:17 AM)Pete O Wrote: Sounds like something close to your heart Stan.

I can't figure out if it's sea water or way lube that runs through his veins, but Stan certainly has a passion for his chosen profession. Later generations simply live for a paycheck (in most cases... not all) and could not care less about what is is they do for a living. "Show me the money" is #1 in their lives. JMHO.
Willie
Thanks given by:
It would certainly be close enough to Perth for vacations.  Ditto for Subic Bay Philippines. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
With the first responsibility a maintenance position, and the second a machinist, it sounds like you would have to make your own repair parts.   Big Grin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2019, 07:59 PM)TomG Wrote: With the first responsibility a maintenance position, and the second a machinist, it sounds like you would have to make your own repair parts.   Big Grin

Tom

Worked at a crown plant (pop bottle & beer bottle caps) where I did just that. Smiley-eatdrink004
Thanks given by:
Sure doesn't pay very well. Machinists here at work make half again as much per hour, and lots of overtime.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by: