Shaper Sanches Blanes 1976
Hello,

Good afternoon !

The planer has arrived and I have already partially disassembled for painting, cleaning and adjustment of the buses as the operation was very heavy.
The engine is of two speeds (dalhander) and was for reform in changing the tips and bearings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Old machine but very well preserved all fair buses without any slack and with original painting still. Made aprox in 1976 for what I researched.

Small parts like walrus and screws are in caustic soda bath for cleaning.

I'll post more photos soon!
Thanks given by:
Nice machine, neat universal table. But its not old, thinking my shaper as built in 1920-30.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I'm surprised they were still building shapers in 1976. I would have thought they were well on their way out by then.

Looks like a fun project.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
That looks to be in very good shape. I look forward to more pictures.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-15-2017, 03:11 PM)TomG Wrote: I'm surprised they were still building shapers in 1976. I would have thought they were well on their way out by then.

Looks like a fun project.

Tom

If you're really desperate to buy a brand new shaper, I remember seeing an article about shapers still being made in India and of course China.  Big ones and they were not cheap by any means. One model looks like it may have CNC controls. Wonder if they sell just the vises? Once I get my planner going I'd like to have one.
Thanks given by:
Dr Stan Wrote:............... I remember seeing an article about shapers still being made in India and of course China. ..............  Wonder if they sell just the vises?  Once I get my planner going I'd like to have one.

I often see shaper vises advertised on ebay on the United Kingdom site.
Mike
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard - looks like a nice little project.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Yes very nice looking shaper, keen to see it all freshened up.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
(05-16-2017, 05:31 AM)Mike E. Wrote: I often see shaper vises advertised on ebay on the United Kingdom site.

Could you bring an 18" version to The States in your carry on luggage?  I would be most grateful.   Rolleyes
Thanks given by: