Taper Pins
Anybody know where I can get small quantities of taper pins? I only need two and can't seem to find anywhere that sells them in small quantities. I need #2 taper pins, 1.25" long.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2017, 05:36 PM)EdK Wrote: Anybody know where I can get small quantities of taper pins? I only need two and can't seem to find anywhere that sells them in small quantities. I need #2 taper pins, 1.25" long.

Ed

I guess depends what you mean by small quantity. McMaster Carr seems to sell them in packs of 10 and reasonable cost. 

Harold
Thanks given by:
the first place that comes to me is Mc Master Carr
Thanks given by: EdK
(05-09-2017, 05:46 PM)haroldmulder Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 05:36 PM)EdK Wrote: Anybody know where I can get small quantities of taper pins? I only need two and can't seem to find anywhere that sells them in small quantities. I need #2 taper pins, 1.25" long.

Ed

I guess depends what you mean by small quantity. McMaster Carr seems to sell them in packs of 10 and reasonable cost. 

Harold

That's the first place I looked. It's reasonable if you need 10 but I only need two so that makes it unreasonable. $9.47 for 10 makes my cost $4.74 plus shipping a piece for the two I need. I may as well get 25 of the steel ones for $7.46 lowering my cost. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion though.

Maybe I'll check a local hardware store and see if they might have them.

Ed
Thanks given by:
If not, here's a bit cheaper: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Taper-0-193-La...SwdzVXrTWN

It's still 25 but they're only $6.99 + 3.29 shipping from Wisconsin.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
ace hardware sells them around here. you want I can check an see if they have what your wanting and drop a couple in the mail.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue

Ed

That's one of the problems of living in small town or rural US.  Had similar issue when I was living in Kearney NE all the hardware stores did not know one pin from another and kept trying to sell me roll pins.  Fortunately there is a machine tool re-builder in town who was nice enough to give me the pin(s) I needed.

Break down & buy the package then keep in a safe place.  Ya know the one you cannot find until after you order more.   Big Grin

The other option is to make a couple of pins.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2017, 08:30 PM)dallen Wrote: ace hardware sells them around here. you want I can check an see if they have what your wanting and drop a couple in the mail.

That's where I was going to try. There's an Ace hardware store close to the route I take to work.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Well this is somewhat embarrassing. I could have sworn I had already purchased the taper pins and the reamer from McMaster. I checked my order history on their web site and neither showed up as being purchased. This evening I still had that vague feeling I had purchased those so I went to the shop to look in the project box and there they are.  Blush

I'm sure glad I hadn't ordered more of them, especially the reamer which is quite spendy.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what you're talking about. Stuff like that NEVER happens to me. ;)
Thanks given by: