Nuts and Bolts
Lads,
I'm sick of going to Home Despot and paying 70c for an M6 x 20 screw. Its not so much the price more like the hour round trip for me, so it's about time I gathered together a good selection of both imperial and metric nuts and bolts. Can anyone recommend a good on line store. I have a US shipping address I can collect from.
Cheers 
John
Thanks given by:
Typically I go to the local Rural King farm & garden supply.  They have an on line presence so that may be a possibility.  BTW, they sell fasteners by the pound.
Thanks given by:
boltdepot.com If I'm only buying one or two for something, I'll go to home depot. If I need more to stock up, I go to Bolt Depot.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I get mine from McMaster Carr.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
A chap I know recently started doing field sales for Fastenal. He set up an account for a buddy that operates a small garage. They stock the bins and give you the bolt bin for free. A good selection of grade 5 from 1/4 to 7/16 was $260. Would guess there was 50 pounds of bolts, nuts and washers in the boxes before they went in the bins. May have him set one up for me. Check on line for a outlet near you.
Just ordered some hardened and ground shaft through them, same price as the US with exchange, no pimp fees.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2016, 07:51 PM)TomG Wrote: I get mine from McMaster Carr.

Tom

+1

Ed
Thanks given by:
I'm very fortunate to have a real industrial fastener supplier -- Bay Bolt, not sure if they have on-line ordering -- relatively local to me. I used to shop at Maryland Metrics (who have a web presence), and for some larger sizes of metric, stainless, allen-head bolts (which is pretty much all I buy for motorcycles), they'd be $2.50 each! Bay Bolt a bag of 10 would be $5. I buy m6x1 in bags of 100, and they're $10. They're so cheap I buy a range of different lengths instead of buying long ones and cutting them down.

Please pardon my Vendor Gloat. :)
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2016, 08:01 PM)f350ca Wrote: A chap I know recently started doing field sales for Fastenal. He set up an account for a buddy that operates a small garage. They stock the bins and give you the bolt bin for free. A good selection of grade 5 from 1/4 to 7/16 was $260. Would guess there was 50 pounds of bolts, nuts and washers in the boxes before they went in the bins. May have him set one up for me. Check on line for a outlet near you.
Just ordered some hardened and ground shaft through them, same price as the US with exchange, no pimp fees.

A friend of mine has a deal with Fastenal, he gave them a security deposit, they gave him an inventory, they come in about every two weeks (or based on the customer's needs), restock the bins and sends them a bill, for what they used out of that inventory. Fastenal supplies the bins, the inventory, the service and also this opens the doors for them to sell you other stuff. Lawson and a few other offer similar services. They customize the inventory and service to the customer's needs.

That said, I hate Fastenal, they are over priced, their staff is constantly changing, most know how to run the computer, so the can bill you, but know very little about the products or even what products they sell. They deliver right to the job site for "free", a cost buried in the sales invoice.  Boy I'm glad, I'm no longer bitter!!
jack
Thanks given by:
Yep. I hate Fastenal as well. Just try going in and buying a couple of fasteners over the counter. Higher price than Home Depot. They screw you every way they can.

Now... if you're running a business, and charge this stuff against the clients account... who cares? it's not your money you're spending.
Thanks given by:
(10-28-2016, 02:08 PM)Roadracer_Al Wrote: ...They screw you every way they can...

Appropriate for a fastener company don't you think Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: