Setting up PM727
Sold my bike Oct 2015, and purchased a bench mill. Any think a quick thread on the set up would benefit others or add to the forum's knowledge base ? 

Why did I sell my bike to buy a Mill ? The simple answer, I moved on to a different hobby and the bike became a garage decoration. In case no one knows bikes are very hard to sell, literally took years to sell it. 

However, on the good side the time waiting produced a desire for this mill. Funny how life works, the mill is the perfect addition to my humble shop. Sure will fill a void, and I can do more than ride .... Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy riding around and burning fuel, just now on 4 wheels.

Cheers,
Greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
Greg,

Yes, please post about your mill. We all enjoy seeing others tools and helping with problems as they arise.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Anything posted adds to the forum's knowledge base. We can never get enough.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2016, 09:40 AM)pepi Wrote: Sold my bike Oct 2015 ...

Cheers,
Greg

Just curious, what kind of bike?
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2016, 09:40 AM)pepi Wrote: Sold my bike Oct 2015 ...

Cheers,
Greg
Quote:Just curious, what kind of bike?

arvidj

The last shot of it on the new owners trailer, bought it new.  1973 FX, today it would be called a Low Rider. Kept is looking stock but was not, refined dual plugged the heads, ported, polished and bench flowed. Progressive fork springs and read shocks, chrome here and there. Rocker boxes were polished, inner and outer primary chromed, no regrets had a good time with it, when living in Miami. Nothing like a 2 -3 am ride in a T shirt, no cars, that town is way to different these days ...... and no fun.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
The mill arrived in the same style of crate as did Ed's and thankfully upright like his....LOL Before buying learned the stand was low and not real stable. 

That in mind I parked the mill in a corner and went to work on the stand. Bought some 1/8 angle, had stem casters and levelers.  First made the mounts for the levelers, drilled and capted and welded the ends. Then turned to the the stand and framed the base with some angle. Once fitted welded it together.

Looking over the build and playing with the casters, I found the post or stem mounts.  Were not going to work, needs plate mount. In picture 2 you can see that the post mount was going to shorten the foot print and make the stand tippy ... not good Bash

Thanks given by:
(02-15-2016, 04:08 PM)pepi Wrote: The mill arrived in the same style of crate as did Ed's and thankfully upright like his....LOL

Rotfl good one.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Base update, new casters arrived, went to work making the mounts. Drill, taped, welded and check the fit for the casters. Next up clamp the frame on the table, center the leveler mounts and weld it up. Ready to clean, and paint..

Thanks given by:
Crazy server frame finished, welded, smoothed, solvent cleaned, sprayed. Was going to watch the paint dry, but went outside to watch the grass grow, so much more interestingRotfl and assembled.

Thanks given by:
Very nice, Smiley-signs107  Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by: