Model Engineer Magazines
I've been dealing with a woman on eBay who has hundreds of Model Engineering magazines she's been trying to sell. She's been putting them up individually on eBay for a while and hasn't had much success. If any of you guys know about Model Engineering, it is a gold mine of machining projects. I guess I'm just taking a bit of a survey to see how much interest there is here. It sounds like she would be willing to post specific lots of issues as a "buy it now" on eBay and we could have first dibbs on it. Sort of like insider information.

If you Google "Model Engineer index", there are plenty of them out there to see what is in what issue.

That's all I have.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Tom, any ideas of what years are available? I'm sure I could find many articles I would be interested in getting my hands on.
Willie
Thanks given by:
I'm familiar with the magazine. Too bad we couldn't put the lot into an MWF library.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Willie,

Looking at her eBay listings, they range from the early 40's to the late 80's.

Vinny,

You buy them and I'll help you scan them. :)

Tom
Thanks given by:
LOL. I'm sure I can't afford to buy them. I haven't looked at her listings but I could contribure $100 to the cause. But by the sounds of your comment, that wouldn't buy much!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
When I was chairman of SM&EE we were given several long runs of ME from deceased estates, and could barely give them away.. Even the ones that had been bound, I suppose most of the membership already had copies?
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
I had to round out a collection and paid $10 for a single issue of Live Steam last summer. They had a problem with plans not working but I liked the articles. The owner of Live Steam (proprietor? editor?) passed away and I'm still waiting for my last subscription to start. It's been 40 years, how patient must I be? Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll chip in, too, either with cash or help scanning.
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
A group purchase might not be a bad idea if the price isn't too high. We could split up the mags between us and scan the interesting projects, so all could benefit from the entire lot. Chin

Just a thought.

Tom

On second thought, that may not work. There is that pesky little copyright thing...
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom , maybe if they were listed in volumes they may move quicker , just a thought . 

I skipped all of my loose mags ,Model engineer, Model engineers workshop and engineering in miniature , five heavy sacks went into the recycling . I got sick of tripping over them ,cancelled my subscriptions years ago , poor content and the mags were at the very least  50% adds . 

I kept the bound volumes and I now have most on PDF  ,well  the T E  Westbury years  when the ME mag was worth getting . 

So lads I  have Model engineer , Model engineers Workshop and Strictly IC  on PDF so if any contributing  member of Metalworking fun  is after a certain article,plans ,engine build give me a shout I may have a copy of what ye be after  Popcorn

Rob
Thanks given by: