Feeds & Speeds Calculators
I'm going though my tool libraries in Fusion 360 CAM (you really have to create one for each material type) and unlike some CAD/CAM programs I've used each tool is tied to a specific feed and speed rather than them being modified by you detailing the material you are cutting. (They can be over-ridden when you define the CAM operation)

So I thought that it would be nice to put some science behind what I enter for my Feeds & Speed rather than 'guess and tweak on breakage'  [Image: confused0068.gif]

Hence looking on line for Feeds & Speeds calculators. G wizard is the 'famous' one but it isn't free. FSWizard is free but perhaps a bit clunky. Are there any others I should be looking at. It needs to operate Metric as well as Imperial, and preferably be on my computer rather than on line.

So what are you using, or is it a wet finger in the air  [Image: kranke_200-1.gif]
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Machinery's Handbook. Call me old-school. :)
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 04:40 PM)awemawson Wrote: So what are you using, or is it a wet finger in the air  [Image: kranke_200-1.gif]

Aye that be my prefered method Andrew  Big Grin    

I am toying with the idea of getting one of these   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Machinist-Calc...SwEetV~CRP

Well my wife can get it me for my birthday  Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana

Rob
Thanks given by: awemawson
Now that's a fancy box of tricks! I'd rather buy something like that, than rely on (for instance) CNC Cookbook staying in business to honour any subscription to Gwizard after a few years. It also solves the issue of having to use it at multiple PCs - take it with you !!  Smiley-dancenana
Thanks given by:
Can your mrs buy me one for my birthday too Rob?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
there's an app for that very item
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yes - £19.99 - there is a free version, and every useful function when selected says 'only available in the Pro version' so basically it's advertising. Just deleted the free version !
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2016, 06:40 AM)awemawson Wrote: Now that's a fancy box of tricks! I'd rather buy something like that, than rely on (for instance) CNC Cookbook staying in business to honour any subscription to Gwizard after a few years. It also solves the issue of having to use it at multiple PCs - take it with you !!  Smiley-dancenana

I was thinking along those lines as well , i tried the phone apps  Bash

Rob
Thanks given by:
Video 
there is a video  Popcorn

Thanks given by:
Here's the link to the manufacturers site ... https://www.calculated.com/prd377/Machin...rials.html ...

An 80 page users manual for a device you can hold in your hand. Impressive.

You may want to check out the materials list link to make sure what you work with is on there.
Thanks given by: EdK