which locktite?
I need to bond two gears together. The smaller one has a hub that will press fit into the larger one and will be pinned. I'd also like to locktite it just to make sure it's not going anywhere (these will be in a gearbox). Which locktite should I use? The only stuff I have here right now is the red thread locker so I'll need to hit Fastenal to pick it up.

Thanks!!
Vince.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
green bearing locker don't know the number, stuffs expensive so I would hit up one of your local bearing houses and see if they have it in the little squeeze tubes

dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Loctite 620 (green) is the bearing and sleeve retainer compound that I use.

Mike.

Thanks given by:
You could use the stuff for press fits.... I like the 680.

Attached Files
.pdf   680-EN.pdf (Size: 65.22 KB / Downloads: 6)
Thanks given by:
(07-24-2015, 09:55 AM)Sunset Machine Wrote: You could use the stuff for press fits.... I like the 680.

Yes that is another good one.

If the fit is less than ideal the 680 is great because it is what they consider a "medium viscosity" so it will take up some clearance if any. Not much but I believe it is something like .005" in their literature.

Mike.

Thanks given by:
Looks like I'm going to have to order some. I stopped by my local Fastenal on the way home from work and they're closed as of July 13th. Grrrrr.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
I guess people got smart and voted with their dollars against paying 500% more compared to Amazon and eBay.
Thanks given by:
Earlier I ordered a 50ml bottle on ebay for about $18. Fastenal had some other brand for $25 (but it appears you have to buy 6 bottles!) Anyway it should be here Thursday. I still have to turn two sleeves and a bunch of other non-metalworking stuff this weekend so Thurs is fine.
Thanks given by: