DTI Holder / Zero set
Hi lads , Ed asked for a bit info drawings/plans for the DTI holder . 

This be my copy . 

[Image: P1060079_zps3dd1mk55.jpg]
 [Image: P1060076_zps3w0ixs4a.jpg]
[Image: P1060073_zps4lzr85et.jpg]
[Image: P1010243_zpsbnmofldj.jpg]
[Image: P1060077_zpshgoaeb7w.jpg]

It truly is a godsend in the shop ,well worth the time spent to make it ,fun project to  ,  and the inventor deserves a knighthood (or USA equivalent)  .   

I have attached a couple of  drawings I did when I knocked mine up , I HAVE NO IDEA IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES IN THE DRAWINGS , SO BE WARNED !  . My drawings ,the ones I do for myself for the home shop are  more a CAD sketch of what I want , I change things at will  . So I would check and redo them .

.pdf   DTI Holder.PDF (Size: 107.19 KB / Downloads: 43)

.pdf   Ajuster Block.PDF (Size: 36.34 KB / Downloads: 39)

Hope its of some help  Popcorn

Rob 
Thanks given by: EdK , Highpower , Mayhem
Tried the DTI Holder twice and the Adjuster Block once. Nothing.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Hi Vinny  Smile

They both work for me mate  Chin  , I use Chrome . 

I have added them to the bottom ,,,,,,,,,,,,,if that dunt work call Ed    Rotfl

Rob 

Attached Files
.pdf   DTI Holder.PDF (Size: 107.19 KB / Downloads: 12)
.pdf   Ajuster Block.PDF (Size: 36.34 KB / Downloads: 14)
Thanks given by:
Browser must've been clogged up. Restarted it (firefox) and all is well.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
They all work for me
John
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2015, 01:10 PM)RobWilson. Wrote: .....,,,,,,,,,,,,,if that dunt work call Ed    Rotfl

Rob 

Rotfl

They work for me also. Thanks so much Rob. That's a thing of beauty you made there.  Thumbsup

It does look like a fun project.

Ed
Thanks given by:
No worries Ed , 

I can strip and measure mine if need be , its not a problem .I also have found some of the build photos . Definitely worth making saves loads of fiddling about . Maybe you could redraw it .  Big Grin

I found the original artical that inspired me to make one . see attachment .

Rob  

Attached Files
.pdf   Zero Set Indicator Holder.pdf (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 40)
Thanks given by: EdK
Rob,

I will be drawing it up in CAD. I draw all of my projects in CAD, mainly because I enjoy CAD drawing. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
That is a work of art Rob and if I haven't made one by the time I hit NCL next April you had best hide it!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
That's a beautiful tool!

I have only one minor change I might suggest, and that is some way of getting the body of the indicator to swivel and change it's angle relative to the work and it's tip.

The issue for me is that my Interapid 312-B4 instructions are explicit in that the accuracy is best when the tip is 10º to the centerline of the body of the indicator, so you need to be able to swivel the body to get the tip touching the work in the right place. I suppose if I used this Mitutoyo ball swivel to hold the indicator and clamp in the adjuster that would work, though start to be pretty far out there.

[Image: DSC_0508-r_zps06018398.jpg]
Thanks given by: