I pick this up on Sunday
Video 
I will transfer the cash to the PO tomorrow and drive a couple of hours on Sunday to pick her up. If she checks out all right I might even consider selling my SB 7" shaper.

[Image: image.jpg]

Shawn

If anyone has a suitable shaper vise they might want to part with I'm now in the market. Rotfl
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
Very nice Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I have a Douglas 10.5" shaper that looks almost identical (the support for the table is different). These were made in Australia and it would be interesting to see if it is the same company.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
nice looking shaper, I need one sized in between the two that I have, a 7 inch delta and a 16 inch Cincinnati.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I hadn't thought about it that way Dallen! Now instead of selling the 7" it looks like I will have to start looking for a 16"+ inch shaper. I really like the way you think. : )

Shawn
Thanks given by:
Nice find, Shawn. At least it's easier to move than a #2 mill.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mike, I had contacted this guy months ago and never got a reply so figured I had missed it. He kept my number and texted me yesterday, I guess the previous deal fell through. I'm way more patient when I don't realize I'm waiting for something. Kills me to have to get rid of the South Bend as it was pretty much a gift from a machinist/ aircraft engineer friend of mind. Might have to eat KD for a few months and keep them both?

Shawn

Ps Mike, your package will get into the mail this week.
Thanks given by:
When I got home I found out that someone had stolen the retractable legs for my hoist! Had to build a new set before I could unload the shaper out of the truck. All good though, she is safe and sound in the shop. Still amazes me what one guy can move with a few steel bars, didn't even break a sweat.

Thanks given by:
The shaper is in pretty good shape accept for the fact that one of the owners greased her up pretty badly. The PO told me neither he nor the owner before him ever ran it. I have taken the ram and table off to clean up all the dried grease and open up the oiling holes but otherwise she is going to be operational pretty quickly. Odd thing is the table feed mechanism has no indicator lines (its a good guess setup) and there are no indicator lines for setting the length of the ram stroke or the position it need to be in to change the stroke. I'm pretty happy though, she seems solidly built and I can't wait to send a few smoking chips around the shop!

The motor is a 2 HP 220v single phase but I got the original 3/4hp 3 phase as well, soon as I can get a VFD the three phase will go onto my horizontal Benchmaster.

Shawn
Thanks given by:
Nice find Shawn. One can never have too many shapers.

I have a soft spot in my heart for shapers because one of the first machining jobs I had was running a 24" Cincinnati in a Tool and Die shop. A lot of the stuff I worked on used all of that 24" capacity and I had a blast. I was about 17 years old at the time, which actually scares the hell out of me now. One of the guys I worked with took great pride in being able to land chips in my coffee cup from across the room. Slaphead

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: