Big Brass Light
Here was a humpty dumpty project i was called to see if i could fix it. It is a giant brass light that hangs at our local library. Well the night guard would throw a rope to it and pull it to the 2nd floor to change the bulbs. Yup he pulled it right off the ceiling and it was a pile of junk. So i loaded it into my Geo and started working on it. Most of the arms were either bent or broken and had to be brazed and some new parts made. The big brass ball had a huge dent in the bottom so i heated and beat it out with a steel bar down thru the hole. Then it needed polished and put back together. Then i found i couldn't haul it in one piece so it had to be assembled on the ceiling so scaffold was built. Fun project. I just love it when my local welding shop calls and says you are going to love this job. I love them all. I haven't turned down any yet...Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
I can see why they wanted it fixed. It looks very nice hanging in the library. Smiley-signs107

Ed
Thanks given by:
Wow Bob, Smiley-signs107

Now that's a project!! Nicely done!! Nowhere near that complicated but those are the kind of projects I enjoy.Big Grin

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Seems to me there would be a lot of self-satisfaction with jobs like that. Very cool.

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by: