Unknown Collet Chuck
This Collet Chuck came attached to my B&S #13 Tool & Cutter grinder, but there were no collets included, nor are there any marking on the chuck.

Any guesses as to what collets it takes.

Walter
starlight_tools, proud to be a member of Metalworking Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
OK so figured out what the chuck is. Turns out it was under my nose all the time in the B&S info. One of the gents on PM suggested it might be a Jacobs rubber-flex and sure enough turns out it is a 900 Series 1/16 - 1-3/8 Capacity Collet chuck made for B&S by Jacobs Manufacturing Co.

.pdf   036-028.pdf (Size: 96.9 KB / Downloads: 2)

Found a set of 11 collets and they are on their way

The chuck came mounted on the face plate and I will mount it to the chuck plate when that gets here.

Walter
Thanks given by:
Nice chuck Walter. Is it going to be put back to use on the T&C grinder or is it going on the lathe?

Ed
Thanks given by:
OK Walter, I don't even need a hint of the price, this deserves a You Suck
Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Ed

Chuck is going to stay with the T&C Grinder, already have 3 jaw, 4 jaw, 5C and ER 40 for the lathe.

Steve

The chuck actually came mounted on the B&S #13 when I got it. It was mounted to the faceplate. I have just ordered a few chuck plates for this unit along with the universal head, a radius wheel truing grinding attachment and a live centre driver.

I found a complete set of 11 collets on fleabay last night for 220 us plus shipping so they are already on their way.

Walter
Thanks given by:
You beat me to it Walter, I used to run a B&S 13. The Rubber-Flex collets are are very nice to use, super precise and they have a good range. I wouldn't mind having a set for my lathe.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Tom, you share my jealousy !
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
hi its a shame you live in Canada as i have sum of them colets 3 or 4 by the time you put the price of post on them it will be cheper to by new ones
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2013, 05:15 PM)krv3000 Wrote: hi its a shame you live in Canada as i have sum of them colets 3 or 4 by the time you put the price of post on them it will be cheper to by new ones

I ordered a tailstock die holder from Chronos in UK Sep 6, 2013 Die holder was $39.82 USD and shipping was 21.36 USD. Parts arrived in less than a week.

Ordered a similar setup from Neil Butterfield the same day for $250 USD and it took longer to arrive Sep 26 although the quality was way higher.

Started a writeup on these http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthread.php?tid=1795

Shipping from UK seems to be pretty good from what I have experienced.

I did get a set of 11 of the 900 series collets, they have already shown as shipped for $220 USD plus freight.

Walter
Thanks given by:
as with all things Walter you get watt you pay for well i will dig them out and if there any good to you wee can sort something out that's if you wont them
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: