starrett 722 caliper battery type?
this was in a box of stuff i really wanted but i dont know what battery it takes.

i dont know what im bothering for since i dont use the digital stuff i have already but here i am. with my luck it probably doesnt even work.
mikecwik, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
I'd contact Starrett directly and ask them. Replacing the battery will tell you if it works and if so you could then sell it (here or on eBay, Craigslist etc).
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
SR 43W Mike.

"Billy G" Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2012, 09:26 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: SR 43W Mike.

"Billy G" Thumbsup

do you own the instrument? i found 386 3 times which is equivalent to the sr43w but id much rather have someone say yes this is what im using in her now.

you honestly would think at starrett or somewhere on the web you could find a manual for the darn thing.
Thanks given by:
I contacted Starrett to see if they had a manual for a 734 digital mic I bought off of eBay. They sent me a scanned one, as they didn't have electronic versions. I know the Starrett battery for my mic is thicker than the store bought equivalent and I have heard of people 'shimming' battery with some thin card. I was lucky, as a spare battery was included with the mic.

If you want, I can PM you the email address of the person I dealt with at Starrett and he may be able to help you.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2012, 09:54 PM)Mayhem Wrote: I contacted Starrett to see if they had a manual for a 734 digital mic I bought off of eBay. They sent me a scanned one, as they didn't have electronic versions. I know the Starrett battery for my mic is thicker than the store bought equivalent and I have heard of people 'shimming' battery with some thin card. I was lucky, as a spare battery was included with the mic.

If you want, I can PM you the email address of the person I dealt with at Starrett and he may be able to help you.

throw it out here publicly, someone else might benefit from it also which is the entire idea. i did have the idea to contact starrett but i was off to walmart for food tonight anyway....no luck there. couldnt even find a 386.
Thanks given by:
supposedly this is a devil tool, much like my other digital crap and it eats batteries.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2012, 10:26 PM)mikecwik Wrote: throw it out here publicly, someone else might benefit from it also which is the entire idea...

Unfortunately, spammers and other dubious people will also benefit from a legitimate email address, which is why I never post them publically. This is why I'd never post my email address in an open forum either.
Thanks given by:
Battery Equivilent Chart. No Mike I do not own one and now I can't find the link where that size was stated.

http://www.maxell-usa.com/getpdf.aspx?id...pe=support

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
This link is how to replace the batteries. It also says to use the 386 which by the chart above is the SR 43W replacement.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7310605_replace-...o_722.html

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: