Indexable insert face mills and shoulder mills
Thanks for clearing up my misconception on the CenterDex cutter.

There are a lot of cutters out there for good prices. There are also a lot that are at cost and some that the seller appears to have added the cost of every insert he has ever bought onto the RRP of the cutter to ensure they get their money back!

I was actually looking at some end mills but nothing (other than the CenterDex) grabbed my attention. There were a number that were cheaper than similar sized solid carbide end mills but most had shank sizes that would require me buying dedicated end mill holders. I'm not against that but it isn't something I really need at present. More of me having a look and see what is out there...

Ken - when I am looking up feed rate values for my F2280, can I use the data for the F4080? I think that between us, we didn't manage to find anything specific to my face mill. I've just confirmed that mine doesn't take the 0504 inserts, as I initially thought. It takes the 0605 (I went and looked at the box in my shop!).
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indexable insert face mills and shoulder mills - by Mayhem - 05-06-2015, 06:50 AM