Indexable insert face mills and shoulder mills
That's a great face mill at a more than fair price. If I didn't already have a couple, I'd jump on it because the smaller ODxT0504ZZN inserts are a little less money than the larger ODxT0605ZZN that my cutters use. The main difference is the maximum depth of cut per pass with the smaller inserts limited to 3mm, where I could get 4mm if I had the power.

The F2280 is essentially the same as the current F4080. The newer F4080 simply uses a nickel plating and (on paper) accepts a 1mm longer screw that is Torx Plus instead of regular Torx. I ordered the longer screws as I have both styles of cutter, and they fit like a glove.

I will correct one thing here: The Walter Valenite CenterDex cutters are still current product, and apparently because they sell a LOT of them. It's the best all-around drill that can mill, or mill that can drill. There are some larger ones that aren't center-cutting, but as long as the designation has the "CCC" or CCEC" suffix it's a center cutting one.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indexable insert face mills and shoulder mills - by PixMan - 05-06-2015, 06:37 AM