Need advice - belt grinder or bench grinder?
(02-18-2016, 11:40 AM)Dr Stan Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 06:45 PM)ScrapMetal Wrote: Yep, you definitely know what I'm talking about.  Doesn't anybody need metalworking done in the state? Bash   I don't get it.

-Ron

Most "metal working" performed by the ranchers & farmers amounts to heating it up with a torch and beating the living hell out of it.   Or just welding it together with a stick welder using 7013 so they "don't need" to clean off the dirt & cow dung before running a "bead".

You definitely hit that one on it's on the head.  Growing up here in what used to be a "farm community" that is pretty much all that you see as far as "metal working".  Heck I probably have examples of that kind of work in my garage somewhere. (Not mine, but inherited. Blush )

I am still considering a couple of options but the KMG is currently the front runner.  One issue I need to decide how to deal with is that I already have access to 3-phase 208v power in my shop.  I don't believe the speed controller on the KMGs is for 3-phase input so I need to study the issue a bit more and make sure I get it right.

I'll let you know what I come up with.

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice - belt grinder or bench grinder? - by ScrapMetal - 02-19-2016, 06:43 PM