The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Holding Tools in MT2 spindle without drawbar
Hi guys,

I do not have a drill chuck with drawbar threads (M10) on the MT2 shank and so twist one in like what I usually do on the lathe for drilling holes in the mill. This seems to work fine and I don't have the chuck fall off the spindle.

This got me to think if its possible to do the same for flycutting. I've a flycutter with MT1 shank from my Sherline. If I can get a MT2 to MT1 sleeve to mount the flycutter in the Wabeco, will it be safe to use it in the mill without the drawbar? The sleeve has no drawbar threads (the end is with a tang) and the MT1 shank of the fly cutter is rather short.

Not that I'm going to do it as I can still use my Sherline for the job (though I've to start cleaning off the stuff on the bench to have enough space for it to be used) but am wondering if the tool can be held tight enough in the MT bore.

Regards,
Wong
Wongster
http://www.wongstersproduction.com

Proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Holding Tools in MT2 spindle without drawbar - by Wongster - 07-14-2012, 08:08 PM