The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Something new, something different!
Been busy laserin and makin and stuff and decided that there were just a few things a laser can't really do.  So I figured it was time to up my game just a bit.  This just showed up a couple days ago and about all I've had time to do with it is put it together and do some break in tests.  I haven't done any cutting yet.

Here it is!

[Image: 4040cnc-sm.jpg]

It's a 400x400 mm VEVOR CNC.  It's similar to the 4040 FoxAlien but from the videos I've seen on the FA, this one is better built.  It's extruded but has 2060 for the X gantry whereas the FA has 2040.  Someone said the FA has plastic or nylon parts that hold the spindle, this one has all solid aluminum.  This one also went together perfectly square.  It was also less than half the price!  At this time it's around $342.

That thing in front of the spindle is the dust shoe with a homebrew adapter to a 2 1/2" hose.  I picked up a 2HP Jet dust collector a few months back from FB Marketplace for around $40.  All I can really say about it is that it sucks.  Quite literally!

More to come as I get to know it a bit better, make a better base for it, a spoilboard and learn more software.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Something new, something different! - by Vinny - 04-15-2024, 06:10 PM