The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Leatherman Tool Group
Thumbs Down 
I have a small multi-tool that I keep on my desk (made in China) that I got free in a promotion from UPS. 99% of the time I only use the needle nose pliers for something quick so I don't have to run downstairs to the toolbox. The rest of the "tools" (knife blade, screwdrivers etc.) go unused because it requires ANOTHER tool in order to dig down into the handles in order to get them out in order to use them. Fingernails alone won't cut it because the tools are too tight to move. The needle nose pliers will work in a pinch but the are still a pain to use as well. The center pivot of the jaws is distorted and no longer round after they pressed them together at the factory. I have to pull the jaws apart with two hands to open them up. I am tired of fighting them to use them.

So I decided to treat myself to a new multi-tool and settled on one from Leatherman. I signed up on their web site on a Saturday evening (Dec 5) and placed an on-line order with them. I ordered the tool and some accessories, one of which was a set of extra driver bits for $25. They are special flattened bits that are needed to fit in the tool's bit driver. The following Monday they sent me an email offer for a free bit set with a tool purchase good until Dec 9. So I emailed them back and asked them to apply the free bit offer to my order 2 days prior on the weekend. They never responded. I ordered a "customized" tool so I knew it would take time for them to do the work before they could ship it. They just sent me another email this week saying they shipped my order. They also decided to charge me the $25 for the bit set anyway.

This little pocket tool ended up costing me $250. Make of that what you will.
Willie
Thanks given by: arvidj

Messages In This Thread
Leatherman Tool Group - by Highpower - 12-17-2020, 08:10 AM
RE: Leatherman Tool Group - by Vinny - 12-17-2020, 10:35 AM
RE: Leatherman Tool Group - by Highpower - 12-17-2020, 01:28 PM
RE: Leatherman Tool Group - by f350ca - 12-17-2020, 02:07 PM
RE: Leatherman Tool Group - by Pete O - 12-17-2020, 05:22 PM
RE: Leatherman Tool Group - by Highpower - 12-18-2020, 10:55 AM
RE: Leatherman Tool Group - by rleete - 12-18-2020, 09:23 AM
RE: Leatherman Tool Group - by Highpower - 12-19-2020, 09:49 AM
RE: Leatherman Tool Group - by rleete - 12-19-2020, 01:53 PM