1945 Craftsman 101.07403 CNC Conversion
So, since the last time that I posted I have completed my Associates degree in Precision Machining Technology, learned to setup Index MS25/MS25E multispindle automatic screw machines for production of aerospace components, run a Mori Seiki SL-15MC to make non-destructive testing probes for steam generators and am now assisting with maintenance duties as well as operating Okuma MC-60H and MC-5VA mills with the probability of learning to run several other large 4 and 5-axis horizontal mills. I haven't given up on converting my lathe to CNC, I have just allowed life to get in the way of having fun tinkering.

I have been revisiting the conversion of this lathe and I contacted MicroKinetics about possibly assembling a kit given the dimensions for my lead screw, cross slide screw and possibly one for my milling attachment. My other idea was to attempt to assemble my own kit. I really like the idea of having a closed loop system and I have been looking at these for my cross slide and milling attachment, and one of these for the lead screw. I contacted a lead screw company that sells on Amazon a long time ago and they had an initial response but after I sent them pictures they never responded again.
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1945 Craftsman 101.07403 CNC Conversion - by SnailPowered - 10-13-2018, 10:36 AM