The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Surface plate in a roll around tool box
I have been threatening to do this for some time now.  Last weekend my wife bought me this tool cart at Harbor Freight for storing my 12"x18" surface plate and measuring tools.  It was easy to put together and it feels very sturdy and solid.  So far I can highly recommend it.  They always have a super coupon for these at $99.99.

As you can see the surface plate goes in the top storage area under a nice steel cover.  This should help keep it clean and protected.  I positioned the surface plate on three hard rubber washers at the Airy points per recommended installation procedures.  The measuring tools go in the drawers below.

Here is the start of my metrology/layout tooling.  All my micrometers, calipers, space blocks and gage blocks are stored in this cart as well.

Actually the Moore Edge Finder (center front) is not for measuring but it is stored here with the other items because it makes sense to keep it with the precison tools.
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Surface plate in a roll around tool box - by JScott - 05-04-2016, 11:49 AM