The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Harig Super 612 Wet Grinder, Walker Ceramax Magnet, Teflon Ways
I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Harig Super 612 Wet Grinder, Walker Ceramax Magnet, Teflon Ways for $795.00.  The dealer also has a Powermatic of the same size for the same price.  I've corresponded with the dealer (by the way he's trustworthy and I've bought from him before) about the two machines.

The Powermatic is newer and consequently has fewer hours on the machine, but is much lighter than the Harig.

The Harig is older and more hours, but it also has teflon ways.  He told me the spindle bearings are starting to growl so I looked at the tech website and they are pricey to say the least.  A FleaBay search turned up NOS Barden bearings for way less and reading up on rebuilding a grinder spindle the stress was on CLEAN ! ! !  Effectively set up a temp clean room.

So my questions are:

1) Which one would you tend to pick?

2)  Anyone here have any grinder spindle rebuilding experience?  (I've rebuilt many different spindles, just never a surface grinder.)

3)  Has anyone purchased replacement bearings from a source other than Harig?

Thanks in advance.

Stan
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Harig Super 612 Wet Grinder, Walker Ceramax Magnet, Teflon Ways - by Dr Stan - 12-18-2014, 08:07 PM