Help Which type of belt grinder to buy?
(05-05-2016, 12:37 PM)Roadracer_Al Wrote: That RadiusMaster sure is a nice looking machine.

MFletch, that is  very compact design, I like it.

The thing that's holding up my machine are the accessories.  Because I do a lot of fabrication work with tube, I want to make a tube-coping tune-up jig.  It would be very convenient to rough-cut a fish-mouth on an intersecting tube on the bandsaw (because it's fast) then make it perfect on the belt grinder.

I've also got an idea for a drill sharpening jig.

The RadiusMaster was the most complete package I saw (in the 2 x 48 size), at the time , some of the others had a few more attachments or features but were seriously lacking in others areas. When I saw the demo at the LWS, I actually bought the show demo (new that day), I was very impressed. I've never been sorry I bought it.

They had a couple of 2 x 72 units for sale at the same time by other vendors, none seem to offer the features the RadiusMaster did, in such a small package. All of the 2 x 72 sanders/grinders, were bench models and the 2 x 48 was a pedestal model, which could be moved in the corner out of the way. As I had no open bench space, that ruled out the 2 x 72 units on display, that with no one stocking that size belt in town, the 2 x 48 became the logical choice.

At the time, I didn't have the space, the time or the desire to build a belt sander/grinder, no used units were available, so I bought the RadiusMaster.
jack
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which type of belt grinder to buy? - by Vinny - 05-03-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: Which type of belt grinder to buy? - by Vinny - 05-03-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: Which type of belt grinder to buy? - by pepi - 05-04-2016, 10:21 AM
RE: Which type of belt grinder to buy? - by the penguin - 05-05-2016, 01:46 PM
RE: Which type of belt grinder to buy? - by pepi - 05-05-2016, 11:05 PM