Looking for Recommendations on RT
My rotab is a no-name 10", quality is sub-par but I haven't gone wanting for more table. Better too big than too small, but that depends on what your projects are. I've a small-ish dividing head; poor accuracy ensures that gears I make are small. Out around 8" and the tooth spacing is pretty bad. Within .005", and that's after I ran-in the worm with a drill motor where the crank normally goes. The worm wheel is off center. Another problem is the hole spacing - the error as much as .020". Both of these I got from a local tool dealer, thinking I'd be safe. There are holes drilled where tags go, but nobody saw fit to attach their name... A red flag I didn't heed and just assumed things were as they should be.

I'd stay away from CDCO as much as possible. He'll send you junk and double tap your credit card. Difficult to get him to resolve problems that he creates. I will say that his 5" 3-jaw chucks are pretty decent, within .001" runnout, although light on gripping power. I bought three of them before my luck ran out in doing business with him, but if your future rotab doesn't come with a chuck you might want to try one of them.

An example of poor quality would be his magnetic travel indicator. First time I used it the mag pulled right off of the base. The dial sticks. Similar problems with a coaxial, just junk. He'll probably sell you a Rolex watch for $5 too (and charge your card $10). Buyer beware.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Looking for Recommendations on RT - by dalee - 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by f350ca - 11-17-2012, 10:02 PM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by EdK - 11-18-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by dalee - 11-18-2012, 11:58 AM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by EdK - 11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by PixMan - 11-18-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by Sunset Machine - 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM