Looking for Recommendations on RT
Hi,

I've used a 12" Phase2 years ago and was less than impressed. Couldn't keep the worm adjusted right. It was always loosening up. Still, over all it was well made and heavier than potato klub, (Minnesotans will know what I meanRotfl).

Weight could be a problem for my mill. Max table load is listed at 120lbs. And I know the better ones tend to weight a lot. So, if I add a chuck or other fixture it could quickly overload the mill. On the other hand, at 26lbs. that may mean less rigidity. Maybe it doesn't matter much on a benchtop machine. Ed, what's your guess on the weight of your 8" Phase2?

I might be leaning to the Grizzly because it's a complete kit with the plates and generally Grizzly sells decent tools. But I've never had much need for dividing in the past. And I do have 5C collet blocks and a spindexer for my simple needs. So the extra cost of the Phase2 RT alone becomes very competitive with a full RT/divider kit. Add in some free shipping from Enco, and it looks quite nice. Vertex is available from Amazon and the shipping isn't bad. The Grizzly looks to be a dead ringer for the Vertex though. And not all Grizzly products are Chinese made. But there ain't no way to tell until you get it.

This ain't getting easier.Chin

dalee
dalee, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Looking for Recommendations on RT - by dalee - 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by f350ca - 11-17-2012, 10:02 PM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by EdK - 11-18-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by dalee - 11-18-2012, 11:58 AM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by EdK - 11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
RE: Looking for Recommendations on RT - by PixMan - 11-18-2012, 02:04 PM