Base plate.
Hey Ed...   Rolleyes

I wanted to ask if I can commission you again for another part. I finally got the capacitor board I've been waiting on and had plans to put it into a DIN rail housing that I have for another board. Of course the new board is too small and isn't going to fit. And with the DIP switches mounted right at the edges of the board it wouldn't be able to slide into the grooves of the housing anyway.  Slaphead

Wondering if you could print a simple base plate/frame for the board to sit on that has about an 8mm deep recess in it for clearance under the board for the banana jacks and leads sticking out the bottom?

Willie
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2024, 02:13 AM)Highpower Wrote: Hey Ed...   Rolleyes

I wanted to ask if I can commission you again for another part. I finally got the capacitor board I've been waiting on and had plans to put it into a DIN rail housing that I have for another board. Of course the new board is too small and isn't going to fit. And with the DIP switches mounted right at the edges of the board it wouldn't be able to slide into the grooves of the housing anyway.  Slaphead

Wondering if you could print a simple base plate/frame for the board to sit on that has about an 8mm deep recess in it for clearance under the board for the banana jacks and leads sticking out the bottom?

Sure, not a problem. I'll be back to Arizona on the 25th so I can whip it up once I get back.

Ed
Thanks given by: Highpower
Cool. Thanks. Smiley-eatdrink004

I know you are busy going back and forth so one never really knows where you are at any given time. Big Grin
As usual, I'm not in any rush.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Here's a quick first pass at it.

Ed

Thanks given by:
(09-18-2024, 12:14 PM)Highpower Wrote: I know you are busy going back and forth so one never really knows where you are at any given time.  Big Grin

At his age, he probably doesn't either...
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2024, 02:56 PM)rleete Wrote: At his age, he probably doesn't either...

Hey, I resemble that remark!
Willie
Thanks given by: rleete
(09-18-2024, 12:24 PM)EdK Wrote: Here's a quick first pass at it.

Ed

Good grief! Do you have a mind meld with your CAD program?  Jawdrop

That looks like the hot ticket with maybe one fly in the ointment. The pins on the DIP switches are only 1 - 2mm away from the side edges of the board. It may need a couple of relief "cuts" on the side walls of the base?  Chin

I can understand wanting to save money on the size of the board they use, but REALLY?

Willie
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2024, 03:28 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(09-18-2024, 12:24 PM)EdK Wrote: Here's a quick first pass at it.

Ed

Good grief! Do you have a mind meld with your CAD program?  Jawdrop

That looks like the hot ticket with maybe one fly in the ointment. The pins on the DIP switches are only 1 - 2mm away from the side edges of the board. It may need a couple of relief "cuts" on the side walls of the base?  Chin

I can understand wanting to save money on the size of the board they use, but REALLY?  

I'll tweak it. That was just my first pass.  Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ready to go. I'll get it sent out in the next couple of days.

Ed

Thanks given by: Highpower
I don't see any embossing. How's he gonna know what it is?
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by: