Mahr check stand
Here's another item I picked up from my friend Sherman last August.  It has a small, oval badge on the front corner that says MAHR.  The story behind this one is that it was "surplus" from IBM when Sherman was working there.  They were closing some of the many machine shops they had in Longmont, Colorado where he worked. This was on its way out in the trash bin and he rescued it.
It measures 8x12 and is a little over 2 inches thick.  Last night I cleaned up some surface rust on the adjustment mechanism and the rods that mount the indicator.  The indicator mounting hole is small at 9/32" or 7mm diameter.  There was not an indicator with it when he gave it to me but he may have sent it to me in one of the previous "care packages" he gifted me.  I'm going through the boxes of tooling and when I find the indicator I'll send another pic.  Thanks for looking. JScott

JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
We used to use the same ones at work. I've seen a couple around, all gathering dust. I keep asking for one, but nobody seems willing to give one up, yet.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
Nice! Those are the same dimensions as my tool makers flat. Very handy size.  Thumbsup

(08-24-2024, 06:11 PM)JScott Wrote:   I'm going through the boxes of tooling and when I find the indicator I'll send another pic.  Thanks for looking. JScott

Drool
Willie
Thanks given by:
Decided to add a picture of the logo attached to the end of the plate.  This didn't show up very well in the first picture.

JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by: