Latest Delivery
EdK, thanks for the tip.  I bet I'll use that down the road.
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2024, 08:59 AM)JScott Wrote: I'm going to run them over the surface plate to see if I can check parallelism and squareness but I'm only going to the thousandth not the ten thousandth.

I bought a used set on eBay for a very good price but they needed some TLC. Seeing as I don't have a surface grinder I had to send them off to someone who does.

Willie
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2024, 01:48 PM)Highpower Wrote: I bought a used set on eBay for a very good price but they needed some TLC. Seeing as I don't have a surface grinder I had to send them off to someone who does.

Cool! Cool

Ed
Thanks given by:
This engine hoist arrived in July but I only recently had time to assemble it.  It's basically the same thing available at HF, et. al.  This hoist is pretty handy to lift and move my mill and lathe.  I'll try and get pics during the install as I start organizing the "shop".

Thanks given by:
I've needed some setup blocks for a while now.  I borrowed one from a buddy, but I really wanted one of my own, so when this one popped up on eBay, I stuck it in my watch list.  Seller came back with an offer I couldn't refuse.  Heck, I couldn't buy the steel for what he was asking.  After tax and shipping it was 25 bucks. This is what showed up at my door:

Yes, those are mug dauber nests in the holes.  Rust was minimal, but it was looking sad.  

A bit of WD-40, a fresh stone and some elbow grease revealed the fine steel underneath.  There's still a bit of discoloration, but the surfaces are smooth as glass, and I can't measure any variation in the surface anywhere.  Everything is square, and the holes, while a bit tight all thread nicely.

Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
It's so gratifying to see what a Scotch Brite pad and WD-40 can do to surface rust. Great find there and resurrected nicely.
Thanks given by: