MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 04-19-2016

(04-19-2016, 06:34 PM)EdK Wrote: I forgot to post this yesterday. Stepper motor driver right from China. It gets good reviews and was less than $30 with free shipping.

Ed

And what are you going to step?

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-20-2016

(04-19-2016, 07:01 PM)arvidj Wrote:
(04-19-2016, 06:34 PM)EdK Wrote: I forgot to post this yesterday. Stepper motor driver right from China. It gets good reviews and was less than $30 with free shipping.

Ed

And what are you going to step?

A spin indexer or a rotary table. Maybe both. Smile

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 04-20-2016

(04-20-2016, 04:47 AM)EdK Wrote: A spin indexer or a rotary table. Maybe both.  Smile

Ed

Are you thinking of developing your own software, seeing if Vinny will make his open source, using something already out there?

Just curious as I have all the pieces for this ... Rotary Table Controller ..., just need the ever popular Round-To-It program the PIC and populate and solder the board.

I've decided that my stepper power supply and driver are going into one metal box and the controller will go in another metal box. That way I can change the controller up to something more robust than the PIC if I ever get the urge.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-20-2016

(04-20-2016, 08:15 AM)arvidj Wrote: Are you thinking of developing your own software, seeing if Vinny will make his open source, using something already out there?

Just curious as I have all the pieces for this ... Rotary Table Controller ..., just need the ever popular Round-To-It program the PIC and populate and solder the board.

I've decided that my stepper power supply and driver are going into one metal box and the controller will go in another metal box. That way I can change the controller up to something more robust than the PIC if I ever get the urge.

I'm probably going to roll my own. I don't get to program much at work so I enjoy doing small projects at home that require programming of some sort. Keeps me from getting too rusty. That one you linked to looks pretty decent and simple. I don't like the cheap keypad though. This is a Round-To-It project for me also.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 04-20-2016

Think touchscreen Ed!

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 05-06-2016

Needing to cut some 1/8" internal keyways and not having a shaper, I chose the next best thing since I do have a press.

[Image: broach.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 05-06-2016

Good decision.  I bought myself a set as that is what industry uses.  Self centering and easy to control the depth of the key way.

RE: Latest Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 05-07-2016

Yeah, a set of broaches has been on my to-buy list for ages. Good sets are pretty high-dollar.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 05-07-2016

Yeah, that's why I only bought the one I needed. Two handwheels I need to key have a 5/8" hole and I would've had to go to a more expensive set to include that bushing.

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 05-07-2016

(04-20-2016, 04:56 PM)Vinny Wrote: Think touchscreen Ed!

(05-06-2016, 05:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: Needing to cut some 1/8" internal keyways and not having a shaper, I chose the next best thing since I do have a press.

[Image: broach.jpg]

Vinny 

What am I looking at the tool, can you give me the link where you purchased it, if handy ?  Want to learn more about this ?

Thanks,
Greg