MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 04-10-2016

Just remember, whether it's a Starrett, Mitatoyu, B&S or even a HF caliper. They all sound the same when they hit the shop floor.

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 01:44 PM)Vinny Wrote: Just remember, whether it's a Starrett, Mitatoyu, B&S or even a HF caliper.  They all sound the same when they hit the shop floor.

how true, how true!! They sound the same when they hit the floor, but the sound you make when the more expensive brand hits the floor, is a lot different..................

RE: Latest Delivery - JScott - 04-11-2016

This 6" dial height gauge came on Saturday.  My wife bought it on Amazon with her Prime account.  It is a Grizzly G9618 and was $41.49 delivered.  It seems to operate smoothly so far.  This will make some of the layout and measuring tasks easier and let me get some more use from the surface plate.

[attachment=13119]

[attachment=13120]

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 01:45 PM)JScott Wrote: This 6" dial height gauge came on Saturday.  My wife bought it on Amazon with her Prime account.  It is a Grizzly G9618 and was $41.49 delivered.  It seems to operate smoothly so far.  This will make some of the layout and measuring tasks easier and let me get some more use from the surface plate.

I've got the 8" version of that Grizzly height gauge and have used it for years now. No complaints from me.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-11-2016

Got a copper ground clamp for my welder to replace the cheap thin plated steel one that came with the welder. Also got the hose for my Ford Escape that's supposed to fix the problem of a gas smell in the cabin after short stops.

Ed

[attachment=13121]

RE: Latest Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 04-12-2016

I like that style of ground clamp much more than the sheet metal ones.

I think you'll find it's bronze, not copper - perhaps copper plated... but that's just me being pedantic, sorry.

The shortcoming of this design is the bolt - you have to stay on top of keeping it tight. Otherwise, it arcs inside the wire socket, gets all sooted up and gains resistance - If you notice the clamp heating up, you'll have to use a wire plumbing brush on the inside of the socket, and cut an inch off the ground cable to restore continuity.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-12-2016

(04-12-2016, 01:04 PM)Roadracer_Al Wrote: I think you'll find it's bronze, not copper - perhaps copper plated...

Nope, it's a copper alloy of some sort. Not plated.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 04-12-2016

I have never like those clamps they slip off the work easily, also not real crazy about the way the ground attaches to that clamp. Here is an 800 amp battery jumper cable clamp that replaced the one the welder was shipped with. Ground has a soldered lug that bolts to the clamp, tuff design. Hangs onto the work, has a bite like an alligator.  Shot it next to the torch for a size referance,

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 04-14-2016

I don't get much delivered, but today I did. !30 hydraulic fittings for the processor and 5 chains.

[Image: IMG_2126.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-19-2016

I forgot to post this yesterday. Stepper motor driver right from China. It gets good reviews and was less than $30 with free shipping.

Ed

[attachment=13184]  [attachment=13185]