MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - krv3000 - 04-07-2016

hi we have just got a new mill at work and yep its  Chinese nothing has fallen off yet it came with sum tools the two screwdrivers have wooden handles we laft at them saying they will be made of chees  any thing but it became a bit of a challenge to see witch one of us cud bend it . it did not bend its shaft is harder than a well known brand  with a s at the start of its name  the s brand blade was cut off with a hacksaw the Chinese one did not as for the spanners there are just as shiny as the s brand . and they don't bend ether so they can make good stuff and it came from
Machen mart Jawdrop

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 04-07-2016

"I can blame the Chinese for lots of stuff, but selling cheap stuff here, isn't one of them, they are send over here exactly what they are asked to ship over."

The McDonald's mind set.  Cheap & fast.  Nothing else matters.

RE: Latest Delivery - Rob.Mueller - 04-07-2016

My first post on this site should be of quality and substance. So here's my new Aloris BXA set:

[Image: IMAG0223_zpsgd5hpm2e.jpg]

oh, and 4 LED Lamps from China. I put these everywhere.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 04-07-2016

Welcome to the group, Rob!

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 06:42 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: "I can blame the Chinese for lots of stuff, but selling cheap stuff here, isn't one of them, they are send over here exactly what they are asked to ship over."

The McDonald's mind set.  Cheap & fast.  Nothing else matters.

Where you have to ask, which has more nutritional value, the contents or the bag.......................

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 04-07-2016

I have a new Aloris AXA QCTP, but as I'm still using the Dorian AXA wedge QCTP, the Alois is setting in a box, under the lathe (yes, I know exactly where it is), both of them are very well made. They are a great asset to the lathe operation, in the shop. I couldn't imagine going without a QCTP.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 07:34 PM)the penguin Wrote: I have a new Aloris AXA QCTP, but as I'm still using the Dorian AXA wedge QCTP, the Alois is setting in a box, under the lathe (yes, I know exactly where it is), both of them are very well made. They are a great asset to the lathe operation, in the shop. I couldn't imagine going without a QCTP.

I remember having to use the old rocker style tool holders in Machinery Repairman School & all the time I was in the Navy.  What a PITA to center & line-up a threading tool.  Boring bars were held in the old Lantern tool post.

RE: Latest Delivery - Sunset Machine - 04-08-2016

Heh, I still use a lantern on the old SB.

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 04-08-2016

Won this sweet little DoAll DTI on eBay for $19.95 shipped. It appears to be unused. Not sure who made it, but it looks sort of like a GEM.

Welcome aboard Rob and nice choice on the tool post. I have an Aloris AXA on my Hardinge and it is super well made. Where in Michigan are you from?

Tom

[Image: 20160408_113937.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 10:07 AM)Sunset Machine Wrote: Heh, I still use a lantern on the old SB.

And that makes us?