MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 03-16-2016

Thanks guys (I think). Tongue

RE: Latest Delivery - awemawson - 03-17-2016

'You suck' is not a very British way of expressing things, so I'll just have to say

What a lucky chap!

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 03-17-2016

You Suck You Suck You Suck

Yup!

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 03-17-2016

(03-17-2016, 02:22 AM)awemawson Wrote: 'You suck' is not a very British way of expressing things, so I'll just have to say

What a lucky chap!

and here I was expecting "you jammy git" Andrew Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 03-18-2016

Busy day today. Got some spare parts for the power feeds on my mill. JScott made me run to the NAPA store to pick up a couple of miniature dovetail vices....   Big Grin

And then I get home to find a package I've been waiting for on my porch covered in BOOT PRINTS down the entire length! The staples were ripped out of the box flaps, and a single piece of shipping tape held one end of the box closed.  Smiley-signs131   Rant

[attachment=13053]  [attachment=13054]

[attachment=13055]

THANKFULLY, the contents (including the glass scales) survived.

[attachment=13052]

RE: Latest Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 03-19-2016

ayyiiii yiii yiii.... boot prints? FACEPALM!

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 03-19-2016

How else do you measure the length of the box to calculate the shipping cost. If you still work in feet then you should expect boot prints...

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 03-19-2016

What saddens me the most is that it is a sign that "the worlds best UPS driver" is no longer on my route. It's the day I've been dreading would come sooner or later. Bawling

I knew it wasn't from the USPS because the box was still in too good of condition. It would have had tire tracks on it instead.

It figures though because the planets finally aligned just right for once, and the timing was such that it allowed me to be able to finally order a DRO for my lathe. Between the sale price and an additional 25% off promo code, the time (and cost) was right.
The DRO on my mill has been bulletproof for 8 years now, so I wanted another one for the lathe too. Waited a long time for this to happen.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 03-19-2016

Highpower,

I highly recommend that you file a complaint with UPS.  If not for yourself, then for all the others on the route who would receive this level of service.

Stan

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 03-19-2016

I hear what you are saying Stan, but it's hard to make a complaint when you don't have any proof of who, when or where it happened. Who's to say really if it was an Enco/MSC warehouse worker, a UPS hub worker / truck loader, or the driver? All I know is I haven't seen my "regular" UPS driver for quite some time now and my level of delivery service has gone downhill.
Even at their worst, UPS is still 10,000 times better than the postal service around here.