MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 03-06-2016

Here are the parts, and install.... To show things  better

Shaft drive gear in that bag

[attachment=12915]

[attachment=12916]

excuse the graphite grease mess Big Grin

[attachment=12917]

Control and drive mounts horizontally, the one you have will be vertical, as show in the picture.

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 03-06-2016

I put X, Y and knee lift drives on both the Jet mill and the Franken-Mill, a great asset to have on the mills.

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 03-06-2016

I have & am considering a PF for the Y axis, just on the fence. Not sure about the usage, and as a boot mechanist that could also change.

greg

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-06-2016

(03-06-2016, 07:09 AM)pepi Wrote: Control and drive mounts horizontally, the one you have will be vertical, as show in the picture.

Now I see.  I thought yours mounted vertically.

RE: Latest Delivery - Sunset Machine - 03-06-2016

I'd like one for the knee on my horizontal. Good golly that's a chore. No quill on those, everything lifted by the knee.

My Amazon Prime order finally arrived. Took a couple of weeks, but that's because the driver climbed over the broken trees and branches to leave it on my doorstep.. We've been using the side door and so it sat, and sat.

It's a $35 digital microscope. Bought it mostly on impulse/curiosity, but our eyes are getting old and this thing makes up for it and then some.

"Plugable Digital Microscope". We're looking at jewelry and coins, they say people use them to visually check solder joints. I'm wondering about somehow using it in the shop, maybe an aid to getting my wiggler on spot or something.

Runs from a USB and works Windows, Mac and Linux. Support is great- the software they suggested didn't work (unbeknownst to everyone), so they thought the scope was bad and sent another one in just two days. When it didn't work either, I started investigating and found a linux webcam program called "cheese" that works great.

The scope can be handheld. These pictures are from it's stand, a flexible goosneck affair. The first pic is of a number 17 from the bottom of the dime. 250X

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-06-2016

They're useful in the shop for looking at endmills and for all that matter any cutting tool. The metalworking club I'm in did a demo on shop uses for them a year or two ago.

RE: Latest Delivery - DaveH - 03-07-2016

I always found the magnification somewhat too high. I like a magnification in the range 5x to 10x for use in the shop.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 03-07-2016

I have a similar USB microscope  Sunset , very handy to have around  Popcorn

Rob

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 03-07-2016

One of those would have been real handy when I was grinding the acme tool bit.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-07-2016

Ed, take a look at this ebay item: 301888474150 I have one and it has come in handy many times.