MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 02-18-2016

I was given an Incra one for Christmas a couple off years ago. Actually forgot about it till now. Will give it a try.
[Image: IMG_2058.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 02-18-2016

(02-17-2016, 05:45 PM)EdK Wrote: TIG stuff arrived.

Ed

Hey Ed,

I think you'll find those gloves a bit heavy for TIG welding. Try out a pair of deer or sheepskin TIG gloves from McMaster Carr. They run about $20, but will definitely improve your TIG experience. You know you've been itching to buy something out of that new yellow book. Thumbsup

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 02-18-2016

(02-18-2016, 07:34 AM)TomG Wrote: Hey Ed,

I think you'll find those gloves a bit heavy for TIG welding. Try out a pair of deer or sheepskin TIG gloves from McMaster Carr. They run about $20, but will definitely improve your TIG experience. You know you've been itching to buy something out of that new yellow book. Thumbsup

Tom

Tom,

Those gloves are made for TIG, that's why the call them "TIGSTER" gloves.  Big Grin

Ed

[attachment=12755]

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 02-18-2016

Tom is correct those are bulky.

Use those to take the trash out Ed (or for MIG). They are too bulky for TIG. Happyyes

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 02-18-2016

There is nothing wrong with those gloves for TIG welding , they are made for the job , made of kid skin  Cool

If they were available here  in the UK I would purchase a pair Ed .  

Rob

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 02-18-2016

Tillman deerskin TIG gloves. Works the best for hanging onto a TIG FINGER. Just saying.

I've got several types of TIG gloves and have to say the deerskin are the softest, most comfortable, and give me the best dexterity of the lot. And it keeps a TIG FINGER in place instead of sliding off like the other skin gloves do.

I bought one of the Black Stallion welding jackets. Wished I hadn't now. I am not impressed.

Smiley-gen163

RE: Latest Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 02-18-2016

The purpose of TIG gloves is not to protect you from heat, it's to protect you from UV. They have to be supple enough to manipulate the filler wire. On occasion, I've TIG'd in thick black nitrile gloves.

That's why I like the generic deerskin gloves from McMaster. I've tried a lot of different brands and they are the lightest I've found. Not real durable in high heat, but you can't have everything.

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 02-18-2016

Come'on now Al.... everybody knows that the REAL men of OCC tig weld with their bare hands! Slaphead

Then again, they are the same guys that DO wear gloves using machinery, and then get their hand all wrapped up in the drill press... Smiley-signs107