MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 05:38 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 03:36 PM)EdK Wrote: I plan on using it for indicating on the mill using an Indicol type device to hold it per Mike's video.

Ed

Tom Lipton did that 2 years ago using a regular Noga mount by simply drilling and tapping one hole in his Indicol clamp. That's another one of those "to do" projects I haven't gotten around to yet. I've have the parts sitting here for months. And I agree with both of those guys. Even though they do work "OK", adjusting the Indicol arms are a pain in the patooty.   Bleh

Skip ahead to around the 12:50 mark...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-ASQmEUac

Yup, I saw that video. I prefer Mike's version though.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 01-29-2016

(01-28-2016, 07:26 PM)EdK Wrote: Yup, I saw that video. I prefer Mike's version though.

Ed

I like Mike's version better too Ed. I'm glad you posted it. It's definitely gives you more flexibility in adjustment. With Tom's version you are pretty much stuck with having the upper arm planted up close against the spindle.

I'm just torn between waiting for the next Enco 20% off and getting another Noga arm, or robbing one from the magnet base on one of my other Noga indicator holders. Chin

Of course I'll probably forget all about it (again) by the time another Enco sale rolls around. Slaphead

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 12:35 PM)Highpower Wrote: ...
I'm just torn between waiting for the next Enco 20% off and getting another Noga arm, or robbing one from the magnet base on one of my other Noga indicator holders.   Chin

Of course I'll probably forget all about it (again) by the time another Enco sale rolls around.   Slaphead

You missed it by two days. Tuesday was 20% off day, Wednesday was 15% off day and yesterday was 10% off day.

Ed

Yeah, but you had to spend $199(?) to get those. Bleh

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 01:09 PM)Highpower Wrote: Yeah, but you had to spend $199(?) to get those.   Bleh

Not true Willie. Smile

"Place your order today, and take an additional 20% off* with promo code: TODAY. No minimum order requirement! No product exclusions!

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, be sure to enter promo code: TODAY at checkout.

Hurry! This offer ends Monday, 1/25/16 at 11pm ET.
"

Ed

Yeah, but that was the last ONE DAY sale. I was talking about the last 3-day 20% / 15% / 10% deal that they emailed to me. But I did goof on the amount. It was actually a minimum purchase of $149 to get those deals. That's why I automatically delete those emails. Big Grin

But then again, I think they email different deals to different customers. After I bought my mill and 4 boxes full of "accessories" from them I started getting every discount code and sales flyer under the sun from them for a long time. These days, not so much since my purchases are a lot more sparse now. Rolleyes

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 01-30-2016

(01-29-2016, 11:17 PM)Highpower Wrote: Yeah, but that was the last ONE DAY sale. I was talking about the last 3-day 20% / 15% / 10% deal that they emailed to me.

That was the start of a 3-day sale. Big Grin

Ed

[attachment=12635]

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 09:44 AM)EdK Wrote: That was the start of a 3-day sale.  Big Grin

Ed

For you. For me it came with a $149 cover charge.... I should have saved that email. Slaphead

No matter. It's all for naught since I have switched gears and started working on another project that will be eating up all the change I can pull out of the couch cushions. No more tools for awhile. Sadno

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 01-30-2016

I meant to post the Enco sale but sadly forgot. Blush

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 02-01-2016

I got some good bathroom reading material from Russ today.

Thanks Russ!

Ed

[attachment=12658]