MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - zmotorsports - 12-24-2015

The other half of my bandsaw order that showed up yesterday.

As unloaded off of truck and parked in the shop.
[Image: 2nip2rq.jpg]

Uncrated but still on the pallet.
[Image: a1pmx0.jpg]

Mike.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 12-24-2015

You must have been a real good boy this year Mike. Big Grin

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - zmotorsports - 12-24-2015

(12-24-2015, 01:50 PM)EdK Wrote: You must have been a real good boy this year Mike.  Big Grin

Ed

I am going with YES, Ed. I've been very good, but don't ask my wife. Rotfl

Mike.

RE: Latest Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 12-25-2015

Dang, Mike!

Dear old Sandy Claws brought a trailer hitch for my wife's RAV4. I'll build a motorcycle/cooler hitch carrier for it.

RE: Latest Delivery - rleete - 12-25-2015

Two years ago I bought a Craftsman cordless drill. Sales guy convinced me to buy the protection plan for it. Well, as he predicted, the NiCad battery died and wouldn't take a charge. Contacted Sears, who sent me a return label. After sending it in, I got a gift card for the full purchase price, including tax. So, last month I used the card to buy myself two sets of Allen wrenches (Metric and Imperial), which my wife & son gave to me for Christmas. Nothing like picking out your own gift to make sure it's what you want!

RE: Latest Delivery - rleete - 12-26-2015

Wife just handed me this.  Ebay purchase.  No, it's not that fancy Lufkin stuff, just the cheapo Starrett.

[attachment=12484]

$25, shipped.  Doesn't look to have ever been handled, much less used.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 12-30-2015

On the woodman's recommendation I got this on the bay from the same Amazon seller. Apx $37 delivered.

[Image: threaddetective.jpg]

Haven't used it yet but will be very shortly...

RE: Latest Delivery - zmotorsports - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 03:48 PM)Vinny Wrote: On the woodman's recommendation I got this on the bay from the same Amazon seller.  Apx $37 delivered.

[Image: threaddetective.jpg]

Haven't used it yet but will be very shortly...

These do come in handy. Bought one about 8 years or so ago not sure how much I would use it. I actually use it quite a lot.

Mike.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 12-30-2015

One of those has been on my wish list for quite some time now.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 12-30-2015

Not technically a delivery, but an addition to the shop just the same. I stumbled across this Brown & Sharpe dial indicator on CraigsList this morning and it happened to be at a pawn shop that was on the way home from work. I was somewhat surprised that they actually held it for me and gladly shelled out $30 for it. The box is shelf worn, but the indicator is as new. It has a range of .075" and .0005" graduations.

Tom

[Image: DSC04006.jpg]