MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 12-07-2015

I gave my best dial caliper to a guy at work that's just getting into metalworking and I've been lusting after a Mitutoyo dial caliper so I took advantage of the recent Enco 25% off with free shipping sale.

Ed

[attachment=12415]

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 12-07-2015

That's a nice one Ed. Thumbsup

I've got a couple of old dial calipers (not Mitu's) that still work like new. Problem is with the white dial faces, silver hands (pointers) and teeny tiny graduation marks on the dial - I just can't see them like I used to and have been relying on the digital calipers most of the time these days. I still use the dials for scribing/layout though. The black dial, white graduations and red hand on yours looks like it would be a LOT easier to see. I like that. Cool

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 12-18-2015

Lufkin tools have always been a weakness of mine and I've managed to accumulate a good number of them, many unused in their little banana yellow boxes. One of the items on my wish list was one of their oak tool chests and I've searched for and bid on various ones over the years, with no success, until now. I bid on one on eBay and landed it for $10 over minimum bid. I've thrown several hundred bucks more than that at others and lost, so this was a good buy. It is in original well cared for condition with zero damage and even includes the original keys. Can't wait to clean it up and stock it with the appropriate tools. Big Grin 

Tom

[Image: DSC03404.jpg]

[Image: DSC03405.jpg]

[Image: DSC03406.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 12-18-2015

Oh my, you really do  You Suck    You Suck

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 12-19-2015

Nice tool chest Tom!!! I opted for the HF. It's still oak and well made and I got it when the 25% coupon was new last year and it wasn't excluded from the discount. Think I paid a bit over $50 including tax. Unfortunately, it was filled within a couple of hours.

RE: Latest Delivery - DaveH - 12-19-2015

Very nice Tom, Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

RE: Latest Delivery - Sunset Machine - 12-19-2015

A place I worked at got broken into and the dirty thieves stole every single toolbox but the Lufkins. The only thing that made sense is that they were too recognizable, where the Kennedy brown metal boxes were easier to pawn.

Really, really nice score Tom.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 12-19-2015

Nice, very nice. IMHO Lufkin made tools superior to Starrett and on par with Brown & Sharpe.

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 12-19-2015

Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited to be the new owner. I would also agree that Lufkin tools were far superior to Starrett.

I'll post a pic when I get it properly stocked.

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - krv3000 - 12-22-2015

Very nice Tom