MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 11-23-2015

Smiley-signs064

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 11-23-2015

You Suck

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 11-23-2015

Every time I have seen reamers at a clearing sale, the bidding has looked like the trading floor at the NY stock exchange on a big day.
You Suck You Suck You Suck

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 11-23-2015

Smiley-signs107

Not only a boatload of regular reamers - I see SUPEREAMERS too!

Are those for cutting cryptonite? Chin Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - PixMan - 11-23-2015

Thanks guys. This was a case of one viewing day for a couple hours, and the next day was the "internet only" actual auction. In that. the smaller value items were grouped by type of tools (inserts, boring heads, tool holders, milling cutters, etc) and each had a starting bid of $25 with $25 increments. You couldn't throw in an oddball number like $52.37 in the hopes of snagging it by a few pennies over the next lower bidder. And to make it worse, the auction would extend (soft close) if any bids were placed within the last 3 minutes.

I just put may max bid on each in, and rode it out.

You can find similar auctions near you on the "Bidspotter" website. That's how I found this one.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 11-24-2015

I don't even need to post an emoticon. Ken knows exactly what I'm thinking right now...

Edit - Ken, if you need any metric reamers, the ToolMex ones I purchased in the US seem pretty good and weren't expensive.

RE: Latest Delivery - Charles Spencer - 11-24-2015

Congratulations Ken.

RE: Latest Delivery - PixMan - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 12:56 AM)Mayhem Wrote: I  don't even need to post an emoticon. Ken knows exactly what I'm thinking right now...

Edit - Ken, if you need any metric reamers, the ToolMex ones I purchased in the US seem pretty good and weren't expensive.

Agreed, Darren. I'm not actively in need of any particular metric reamers, just keeping my eyes open for a bargain to have them on hand. I've been doing more metric dimensioned parts in the past few years and it would make sense to have them around. I have a couple that I bought for specific jobs, but it's always the one you don't have that you need the most urgently and pay dearly for it.

I did get one that's right around 2.5mm, though don't think that's a common size. There's also a few unmarked ones I'll have to measure to be sure. The auction was from a job shop that specialized in aerospace parts, and I could see why it failed after less than 3 years. The owner had financed getting lots of machinery in, but it was all older stuff that's slower and not capable of using productivity technology. The indexable milling cutters were mostly IMC Group tools (Iscar, Ingersoll, Tungaloy) and when you have all your eggs in THAT basket, the future looks dim. QED

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 07:44 AM)PixMan Wrote: ...it's always the one you don't have that you need the most urgently and pay dearly for it...

Isn't that a subsection of either Murphy's or Sod's law??

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 11-25-2015

Cheap insurance for the band saw. I like to keep extra blade guide rollers (ball bearings) on hand for when they decide to lock up in the middle of a cut, on a holiday weekend, at midnight, when I've got 100 pieces of steel to cut.   Rotfl  Rotfl  Rotfl

Found these on ebay for 91 cents each w/free shipping. Almost half of what I was paying for the same cheap bearings elsewhere, so I stocked up. My saw uses 10 of these things in the blade guides.   Blink  

[attachment=12299]