MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - awemawson - 10-14-2015

Rob, don't forget that that's a variable auto transformer, so not isolating. A bit dodgy to use it directly for your plating set up

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 06:47 AM)RobWilson. Wrote: ...
Just can't fined the wee buggers Chin ...........probably will turn up 1 hour after I order some more Slaphead

Simple - order some new ones, search like crazy and then cancel the order Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 06:47 AM)RobWilson. Wrote:
(10-13-2015, 10:38 PM)Hawkeye Wrote: Rob, make sure your rectifier is rated at more than 380 volts. At an RMS voltage of 270, the peak voltage is 270 x 1.414 = 382 volts.

Hi Mike

I have a bag of 5      400v 30amp rectifiers some where  that I bought for a job a few years back .

Just can't fined the wee buggers  Chin  ...........probably will turn up 1 hour after I order some more  Slaphead

Rob

Smiley-signs064 Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 06:51 AM)awemawson Wrote: Rob, don't forget that that's a variable auto transformer, so not isolating. A bit dodgy to use it directly for your plating set up

Fully aware of what it is and is not Andrew, thanks for your concern  , I was planning on wearing thick rubber gloves and wellies    Big Grin , seriously I   do have a 1:1 isolating transformer   , this is mainly going to be used for testing motors and coils and a few experiments anodizing at a higher voltage .  

I have other gear set aside for a more permanent plating setup ,another project in itself  Slaphead

Anway picked up a quicktest block today to add to the variac project .

[Image: P1100434_zpsxygj8egi.jpg]
[Image: P1100435_zpsoivhvwfh.jpg]

This will be mounted on the case when made , much safer than binding posts .

Rob

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 10-14-2015

WRT the handle, If it were me, I'd superglue it back together, make a mold and pour one out of plastic. Alternately, I've used the plastic resin that I cast with to fix things. Use some molding clay or tape to make a dam (prefer the clay), mix and pour some on the parts to be put together and let it cure (15 mins for what I use). Use a razor knife to remove any excess and throw into an oven at 65C for a couple of hours and you're good to go.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 10-26-2015

I got an email a week or so ago from Seco giving away another free insert so I filled out the form and it arrived today.

Ed

[attachment=12013]

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 10-26-2015

That is a lot of packaging for a single insert. I'd hate to see what a pack of 10 looks like! Did you try the first one they sent you?

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 10-26-2015

(10-26-2015, 06:00 PM)Mayhem Wrote: ...  Did you try the first one they sent you?

Not yet.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 10-26-2015

Ed just likes saving the cool packaging. He's decorating a wall in the "Living Area" with them.

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 10-29-2015

Feeling all team USA today  Big Grin

Anybody know anything of this company ?  

A wee brochure that arrived today .

[Image: P1100505_zpskzj0xj3p.jpg]
[Image: P1100506_zpsxggrnbjf.jpg]
[Image: P1100507_zpsm5scn8hn.jpg]

I wonder what $175 is in today's money  Chin

I was also given these today   Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana

[Image: P1100504_zpszcgprnez.jpg]

Any of you lot state's side no of this manufacturer ?  any good ?  I wonder if the red and green grips are a deliberate nod to  port and starboard  Popcorn anyway any days a good day when you get free tools  Big Grin

Rob